|How to edit your video and audio within Windows Media Player™|
This guide explains how to use SolveigMM WMP Trimmer plugin.
This Windows Media Player Plugin module is designed to operate within Windows Media Player™ version 9 or newer. It enables a user to cut or edit out a part of media file directly from Windows Media Player™ at high speed without quality degradation and problems with audio/video synchronization.
Enabling WMP Trimmer plugin
Figure 1. Activating of SolveigMM WMP Trimmer Plugin
If main menu of Windows Media Player is switched off follow steps shown on Figure 2.
Figure 2. Activating of SolveigMM WMP Trimmer Plugin
SolveigMM WMP Trimmer Plugin is now enabled and ready to work.
Trimming media files is easy and straightforward. Trimmer’s GUI controls are shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3. SolveigMM WMP Trimmer controls (view on Windows Media Player opening)
After clicking on "Edit File" button you will get the expanded view of WMP Trimmer Plugin interface (Figure 4).
Figure 4. SolveigMM WMP Trimmer controls (expanded view)
The expanded view can be minimized if needed to another view (Figure 5).
Figure 5. SolveigMM WMP Trimmer Plugin GUI controls (minimized view)
The operations order for trimming mediafile is listed below.
1.Open your media file in usual way via Windows Media Player menu (Figure 6a) or use "Open Media File" button of WMP Trimmer Plugin (Figure 6b).
Figure 6a. Media file opening using Windows Media Player
Figure 6b. Media file opening using SolveigMM WMP Trimmer Plugin
2.Click the "Edit File" button of Plugin (Figure 7).
3. You will see the expanded view of Plugin (Figure 4). Use slider and markers to set the start and stop time positions of the fragments you would like to save.
To mark the beginning of the fragment navigare the slider to the desired position and click the "Add marker" button. Do the same to mark the end time position of the fragment (Figure 8).
If you would like to save several fragments in the output file use the same operation: move the slider to the desired position of begiiing and end time positions of such fragments and click the "Add marker" button.
You can use Zoom in/Zoon out buttons for convenience and to easily find the needed frame of end/beginning.
4. Now it is necessary to mark fragments you would like to be cutted out in the output video file. Move the slider to such fragment, it should change its color to orange, and click the "Cut Out Selected Fragment" button.
Do the same operation for all fragments you would like to be deleted (Figure 9).
5. When all fragments that you would like not to be presented in the final video will be marked, press the "Trim" button to start the editing process (Figure 10).
6. You will be asked for a file name in which trimmed part of media file should be saved (Figure 11).
7. The trimming process will be displayed with a progress bar and can be canceled anytime (Figure 12).
When the trimming process is done, you will be informed with the corresponding message (Figure 13). Click Yes button in the message dialog if you want to open folder with output mediafile. Click No button otherwise.
That's all! Good luck with your editing projects!