Author Topic: Player Showing Video Off Center And to The Upper Left  (Read 14160 times)
  • Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 07:21:41 PM »
Hello njb,
In addition I would like to let you know, that EVR is set as a default in Video Splitter 6.1.1808.03

Offline njb
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 08:50:13 PM »
Did you try this " Please try to go to Tools -> Preferences -> Playback Settings tab and select other video renderers

I just tried your suggestion and it works when I check EVR, so I will use that from now on.

Thanks very much for your help  :)

I think this should be put in the FAQ for others who may encounter this problem.

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 04:50:25 AM »
it only shows the video way off center and to the upper left
That looks to me like when the loaded video appears. i have that

The video player has a central purple box with black on both sides of the purple box
i cannot see a purple box with black sides?
The only part missing seems to me to be the large preview screen . Did you try this " Please try to go to Tools -> Preferences -> Playback Settings tab and select other video renderers" at http://www.solveigmm.com/forum/index.php?topic=4805.0

Is it an unusual video. google media info and see is it any different to other video

Offline njb
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 12:33:25 AM »
Screenshot:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/BA5w6iSXsXKzdEVB6

My version is 6.1.1707.19 and I have never had any problems until today. When I load a file to edit, it only shows the video way off center and to the upper left, cutting off about 80% of the video. The bottom story board and the left playlist panel are fine. The video player has a central purple box with black on both sides of the purple box. The preview video is located in in the upper left corner of the purple box.  I tried moving the window handles all ways and it still defaults to that upper left position surrounded by the purple background. I've changed the screen resolutions and it still happens. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck.

For some strange reason the screen shot does not show the video, but it is in the upper left hand corner of the purple box.

Please help me resolve this. Thaks in advance
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 08:08:53 PM by njb »