Author Topic: Problem saving fragments from MPEG video  (Read 11141 times)
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 07:42:16 AM »
Thank you Olga.

Current issue status: I've installed the beta version of 4.0, but it did not fix my issue. Working with solveigmm via email support now. I will post issue resolution when complete.

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 11:24:07 PM »
Hello Dbronst,

Please check first of all what Video Splitter version you use at the present time.
You can find it in the Help -> About SolveigMM Video Splitter.

I recommend to try to use the latest beta version of the product available at the following direct link:

http://www.solveigmm.com/download/SolveigMM_Video_Splitter_Home_Edition_4_0_Beta.exe

If the reinstallation will not help please upload for us the MPEG2 file you have opened in the Video Splitter for we could reproduce this issue at our end. You can use any file host service to upload the file, e.g. Dropbox.com or Google drive.

Also please send us the project file. To get it select fragments for saving then go to menu File -> Save project as. Please send us the .ssp file that will be created.

Thank you in advance.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 08:13:12 AM »
Hello, I just purchased SolveigMM Video Splitter Home Edition and I am trying to split MPEG2 video, but am getting an error when I try to do a split.

I am marking a piece of the video and then selecting "Save Selected Fragment as", giving the new video file a name and clicking save. After I do this, there is a pause of about 12 seconds and then I get an error

SolveigMM Video Editing Engine error
Can't Start process for current task.
(return value 0x80040207
(Unspecified error hr = 0x8004005

When I click okay on the error message above, I get a second message:

SolveigMM Video Splitter Home Edition
Unable to start trimming process (There is no common media type between these pins. HRESULT:0x80040207

The mpegs that I am trying to pull scenes out of were converted from AVI files that were converted to mpegs with an application called Freemake Video Converter. The original AVIs came from a capture from a camcorder.
----------------
Don't know if this has anything to do with my problem, but I just checked the preferences. In the smart mode settings tab there are nothing listed in "preferred codecs" This is true for every option under "Encoders /decoders". 

Also both "preferred codecs" and preferred codecs are blank if I check the "Show fiters for current file format

Any ideas on how to fix?