Author Topic: How to mark in and mark out to delete scenes?  (Read 41404 times)
  • Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 09:19:37 PM »
Hello usbhub,

Please see this guideline. It is for old Video Splitter version, but it is also for the current version of AVI Trimmer+.
In AVI Trimmer+ there is only one button (Add Marker) to mark the End and Beginning of the fragment.
After you place markers use "Cut Out Selected Fragment" button to mark fragment you would like to be removed in the final video.
http://www.solveigmm.com/en/howto/how-to-edit-avchd-file-with-solveigmm-video-splitter/
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 04:08:57 AM »
Hello. I don’t understand AVI Trimmer+ 5.0 interface. I can only find instructions for old versions from year 2005 on the internet and am confused and the Help topics don't help me. What does “invert” mean?

When you mark a fragment, you mark the beginning and the end. But the program doesn’t have “Mark in” and “Mark out” controls, only “Add Marker” which doesn’t seem to work the same way. Do you just "Add marker" at the Mark In frame and Add marker again at the Mark Out frame?

Can you please tell me how to do this:

I want to cut many keyframe fragments out of a movie and then save the movie so that the fragments I cut disappear from the final edit but everything else is still there.  I am used to doing this with Machete and Avidemux and it is easy. I just Mark In, Mark Out and delete.

I can’t figure out how to do it with AVI Trimmer. When I think I got it right, the result is not correct and the deleted fragments are often still there in the finished edit. I think I am not marking the fragments correctly.

I found some screenshots from older versions of AVI Trimmer and it seems that older versions did have the “Mark In” and “Mark Out” buttons. Can I get the older version?

Thanks if you can help or refer me to good instructions.