Author Topic: Saving AVI trimmed clips takes very long time to complete  (Read 14677 times)
  • Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 02:29:09 AM »
Hello WM1986 ,

Thank you for your post. SolveigMM Video Editing Engine to be used in WMP plugin tries to guarantee video/audio synchro + validity of an output AVI file. Therefore it reads AVI files from begining wherever selected fragment is located. So the main CPU consuming oparations are file reading and writing. In case of HD I suppose you are waiting just when the plugin reads all the big piece of data .

The closer keeping fragment to the begining the faster the trimming process has to be.

Nevertheless we are trying to optimise the editing algorithms so in further versions there should be options for faster editing.

Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 09:32:11 PM »
I'm using SolveigMM WMP Trimmer Plugin v1.5.902.3 with WMP v11.0.5721.5145 on Win XP Pro 32bit
system and trying to save 2 minutes trimmed clips out of 1 or 2 hour AVI 10-bit 1920x1080 clips takes about
half hour to complete. I'm also writing to very fast storage so I don't think there is any storage issue and
we are not running anything else in the same time.
Is this normal length of time we should expect for this type of avi formats and size clips?