Author Topic: Split Subtitles are attached immediately after the last line  (Read 888 times)

Offline Marty

• Users
    • View Profile
Re: Split Subtitles are attached immediately after the last line
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2019, 07:05:04 PM »
I got it. As I said earlier, I reproduced a similar behavior, so, when the fix is available, I'll post here.

hi any news about an update ? it's now 2 months, and we have no news, except the developpement of a cloud thing... i'm happy for the ones who will enjoy that, but our software is still buggy ;) any date of a possible fix for this issue ? Thanks :) !

Offline Maxim.Sakhankov

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2019, 03:18:37 PM »
I got it. As I said earlier, I reproduced a similar behavior, so, when the fix is available, I'll post here.

Offline skizlock

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2019, 05:24:48 PM »
I don't have the source to help out but i don't think its that hard to replicate, considering it happens with all srt external subtitles. I only tested with mkv and mp4, both produced the same results. Perhaps the next time, I am given a similar project that I will post some samples.

Offline Marty

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 05:52:17 AM »
Hello skizlock,

I reproduced a similar behavior: when saving multiple fragments from a source file the timing of the second and other fragment's subtitles is shifted a little, but it does not start right after the last line of the first fragment's subtitle. I suppose that the problem is the same, but to make sure, could you please send me your files and a trimming project? You can send files to our technical support (support(at)solveigmm.com) or to me directly via a forum's private message. Please do include a reference to this topic in your e-mail.

Maxim, i confirm you that i have the same issue than Skizlock, that's also one of the bug i reported there earlier, by cutting several files at the same time, the external subtitles file generated have a delay and i must fix them all the time with an another software. It's happening with almost any mp4 with ext subrip .srt file.

Offline Maxim.Sakhankov

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 03:06:51 PM »
Hello skizlock,

I reproduced a similar behavior: when saving multiple fragments from a source file the timing of the second and other fragment's subtitles is shifted a little, but it does not start right after the last line of the first fragment's subtitle. I suppose that the problem is the same, but to make sure, could you please send me your files and a trimming project? You can send files to our technical support (support(at)solveigmm.com) or to me directly via a forum's private message. Please do include a reference to this topic in your e-mail.

Offline skizlock

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 02:04:18 AM »
I installed v7 today so didn't notice but it is doing this always now. I have to re-sync each and every fragment which does not end with an overlapping subtitle.

Offline skizlock

• Users
    • View Profile
Split Subtitles are attached immediately after the last line
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 01:17:52 AM »
I am facing this issue consistently with external srt subtitles since a few months now. The audio/video streams are correctly cut and merged but subtitles always have this issue. This happens to random fragments in almost every mp4 file I split.

- For example, let's say there are two fragments A and B.
- The last subtitle entry of A ends sometime before the end of the audio/video streams, lets say 5 seconds before.
- When B gets merged, its subtitles start immediately after the last line of subtitle of A.
- The 5 seconds of no subtitles is skipped completely.

To resolve this, I have to use another program to resync the subtitles. I had thought that you would have fixed it with the new version but alas, I was hoping too much. v7 doesn't even select the external subtitles for splitting by default anymore as well...
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 01:52:36 AM by skizlock »