SolveigMM End-User Products > Beta Testing

Bug report in Video Splitter 3.7

<< < (2/5) > >>

Olga Krovyakova:
Hello zeroFX,

Thank you for your post.

What Video Splitter version do you use?

Regrettably I've not noticed such issue in the beta version of Video Splitter (3. 7. 1309. 19).
I've disabled video stream for the first saved fragment and when I then save another fragment in the same project the Save as... dialog box shows that only the audio stream will be saved (the checkbox "Audio only" is activated).

zeroFX:
A more cosmetic thing: If you selected to save the audio stream only and later in the same project want to save another selection, it does not indicate (in the save prompt) that the video stream is still disabled, although it is shown as not selected in the Controls menu.
I don't do this very often, as I usually use the batch manager, but I remember this behaviour occured in earlier versions as well. It confuses me from time to time, though.

Stanislav Mikhailenko:

--- Quote ---but is there a technical reason for this?
--- End quote ---
No,  It's just not implemented yet.

zeroFX:

--- Quote from: Stanislav Mikhailenko on September 23, 2013, 10:34:43 PM ---It works not for all formats. Actually only for AVI and WMV files.

Yes, for TS, and MKV with AVC1 and MPEG2 video codecs this tab is not used.

--- End quote ---
Ah, that explains that. ^^ Maybe a little Note in the options dialouge page for the option could inform the user of that (current?) limitation.
I hope this is not to off topic (if so just delete/ignore this), but is there a technical reason for this?
Don't get me wrong, everything is working fine so far. I just have some "reservations" towards elecard and their codecs, dating back to earlier times of the company.

Stanislav Mikhailenko:
Hello zeroFX,

This tab is used to set preferred encoder and decoder for smart trimming operation (reencoding part of file ) when frame accurate editing is enabled.
It works not for all formats. Actually only for AVI and WMV files.

Yes, for TS, and MKV with AVC1 and MPEG2 video codecs this tab is not used.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version