SolveigMM End-User Products > Beta Testing

Bug report in Video Splitter 3.7

<< < (2/5) > >>

Stanislav Mikhailenko:

--- Quote ---but is there a technical reason for this?
--- End quote ---
No,  It's just not implemented yet.

zeroFX:

--- Quote from: Stanislav Mikhailenko on September 23, 2013, 10:34:43 PM ---It works not for all formats. Actually only for AVI and WMV files.

Yes, for TS, and MKV with AVC1 and MPEG2 video codecs this tab is not used.

--- End quote ---
Ah, that explains that. ^^ Maybe a little Note in the options dialouge page for the option could inform the user of that (current?) limitation.
I hope this is not to off topic (if so just delete/ignore this), but is there a technical reason for this?
Don't get me wrong, everything is working fine so far. I just have some "reservations" towards elecard and their codecs, dating back to earlier times of the company.

Stanislav Mikhailenko:
Hello zeroFX,

This tab is used to set preferred encoder and decoder for smart trimming operation (reencoding part of file ) when frame accurate editing is enabled.
It works not for all formats. Actually only for AVI and WMV files.

Yes, for TS, and MKV with AVC1 and MPEG2 video codecs this tab is not used.

zeroFX:
Well, no special need for now. I wanted to use it back when the problem was present, that the splitter produced files, that did not work well with players using ffmpeg (VLC, e.g.). I thought that this might help. But -though I don't see any desperate need for it now- what was it originally intended to be used for?

As with any previous version, there are two lists: Encoders / decoders (left) and Prefferred codecs (right). No matter what I selected, I never saw an entry after Chosen Codes. Or any available codec in the list Encoders / decores, if Show filters for current file format was enabled. On the other hand I use the Video Splitter for only TS and MKV files, so maybe that feature is not intended for users like me at all . (:

Olga Krovyakova:
Hello zeroFX,

--- Quote ---Has there always been an option to select the renderer? That's also nice!
-> The selection for smart mode codec still seems to be pointless. It only "works" if forced, but the output files have the same hashes, regardless which codec is selected.

--- End quote ---
Could you please let us know for what you need to use this feature?
If the codec is not changed in the "Choosen codecs" list then it can't be used for this file.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version