SolveigMM End-User Products > Beta Testing

SolveigMM Video Splitter 1.1 Beta (WMV/ASF support)

(1/3) > >>

Dmitry Vergeles:
Hello George,

Thank you for your suggestions!

PageUp/Page down feature will be implemented in the next version that should be released within April.

As for "TMPEG Media Editor" we shall necessarily take a look at the probram for investigating its GUI usability.

g@rfield:
Neverless what do you think if we add (PageUp / Page Down) keys (not being adjustable first) that will jump to e.g. one tenth of movie length?

Yes master!
In fact that could be a good idea, but the 1/10 can be big (eg for a movie in DivX format of 1,5 hours, this 1/10 means 9 minutes!). 1/20th might be better

(eg of 4-5 minutes in a whole movie).

At all cases though, I INSIST that the main problem of your software (Video Splitter) for the time being, is the non-frame-precision selection (especially without

keyboard). I think that this is your biggest disadvantage for now. The crazy thing is, that (according to my opinion) this feature is easy to be added... Am I

wrong?

Though, I have to say that your biggest advantage of Video Splitter is the process speed. DON'T YOU DARE TO CHANGE THAT! No other similar software

today (shareware or commercial can do that)...

A nice software that you can follow (in GUI & usability fields) is Tsunami MPEG Editor (take a look at

http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tme_feature.html ). I use it for years, but it can do only MPEG format (not AVI). So, I rely on you to make Video

Splitter the "TMPEG Media Editor" of AVI format!

Good luck...

Dmitry Vergeles:

--- Quote from: "g@rfield" ---When I talk about PageUp / Page Down, I do mean navigatation though certain number of frames (it would be better to be adjustable in settings\options).
The usability of such feature is obvious, when you need to make cuts in a small range of non-sequencial frames (eg when you need to remove from a clip

the following frames 121-129, 154-185, 253-352, 391-542...)

What do you mean by saying "the part of movie the slider has to jump over should be adjustable" ?
I want to select specific frame start / end for each range & this to be made easy by keyboard shortcuts (not mouse-only).
--- End quote ---

Ok, thanks for the explanation.
But the ceratain number of frames could be possible to cut or cut off with frame accuracy trimming only.

Neverless what do you think if we  add (PageUp / Page Down) keys (not being adjustable first) that will jump to e.g. one tenth of movie length?

--- Quote ---What do you mean by saying "the part of movie the slider has to jump over should be adjustable" ?
--- End quote ---

I meant the thing you mentioned by yourself  :D

--- Quote --- (it would be better to be adjustable in settings\options).
--- End quote ---

g@rfield:
When I talk about PageUp / Page Down, I do mean navigatation though certain number of frames (it would be better to be adjustable in settings\options).
The usability of such feature is obvious, when you need to make cuts in a small range of non-sequencial frames (eg when you need to remove from a clip

the following frames 121-129, 154-185, 253-352, 391-542...)

What do you mean by saying "the part of movie the slider has to jump over should be adjustable" ?
I want to select specific frame start / end for each range & this to be made easy by keyboard shortcuts (not mouse-only).

Dmitry Vergeles:

--- Quote from: "g@rfield" ---In the keyboard shortcuts list, I would add and PageUp\PageDown for many K frames movement (forwards\backwards) or at least a combination (Shift + Arrow)..

I believe that if the next version of Video Splitter makes all these features true & (most of all) keeps the LIGHTNING spees of it, your product will be the best possible AVI editor, simple, fast & just-do-it!

PS: Because I'm a marketing consultant, you might have to "push" your product (SolveigMM Video Splitter) a little bit in advertising in cyberspace, so that everyone will know what it can do & (mostly) how FAST it can do it... Say, "try to find a faster AVI editor... you won't!"
--- End quote ---

First of all thank you for the promotion suggestion  :D
You talk about PageUp / Page Down, you mean upon these calls the program should navigate not to a next K frame but though certain number.

Could you explain from a user point of view a usability of such a feature?

And do you want the part of movie the slider has to jump over should be adjustable?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version