Author Topic: Suggestion: Audio Source  (Read 24708 times)
  • Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 05:45:19 PM »
Yes direct sound capture is a feature of further nearest versions - 3.1 or 3.2m keep an eye on the news.
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 04:35:08 PM »
Thank you, I was under the impression you would be able to apture the sound directly as I have seen other software do. Having read the link I don't see the opitons it suggests and would need to plug a cable from speak out to line in to feed the sound into the mic and record.

Maybe this is something you shold consider for the future.

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 03:22:16 PM »
Hello geomatrix ,

Thank you for info.

HC3 shows all the available channels OS audio driver delivers. Probably you should enable StereoMix ability. Please try to follow instructions described at the topic below:
http://www.hyperionics.com/hc/faqs.asp#SoundDirect
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 06:54:44 PM »
Hey,

I have downloaded the latest version and it's looking great, I like the new features.

However, in the audio I only see the microphone option, no options for what you hear as suggested, when recording a presentation etc it is neccessary to capture the sound output of what is happening on screen, is this a feature and a bug?

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 06:40:02 AM »
Thanks for your reply,
HyperCam should detect Stereo Mix just as other recording programs. There is no difference here. Please download the latest update and check if the problem still remains

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 02:24:59 AM »
It seems that the Alpha is hard coded with the inputs "Line In" and "Microphone".  With the statement in the previous topic of "...or just grab a  movie from some software player", it seems that a much more useful approach would be to enumerate the sound device sources on the PC and present those as a choice.  If it's supposed to be doing that already then something's not working as I am missing "What U Hear" and "S/PDIF-In" as choices for my device.

Most commonly when recording from the screen with other programs, I use what one of my sound cards calls "Stereo Mix" and another calls "What U Hear".  This approach would also allow the use of microphone mixed over any program audio when recording training videos.