Author Topic: XVid Codec does not show up in available codec list for recording  (Read 24672 times)
  • Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2013, 11:26:07 PM »
Hello Alexx2,

If I do the setup and stuff I choose to record a specific area on the screen which would be recorded. But somehow this area is sticky to my mouse movement.
How can I place and fix the area on screen so that it is not moving with my mouse all time?
This happened due to reason that "Lock permanently" checkbox was enabled in Options -> Interface -> Pan the captured area when a mouse moving and following keys are pressed. Please disable it.

When I want to record now a video all time hypercam crashes. This happens only with XviD codec.
I've reproduced the crash if use Xvid and select area for recording of 1280x720. We will try to fix this in near future.
We'll post here as soon as the new version with fix will appear. Thank you a lot for your report about the problem.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 11:38:05 PM »
Ah I got it I have to press some keys to fix it. When I want to record now a video all time hypercam crashes. This happens only with XviD codec.  :-\
When I do some motion analysis in solidWorks using XviD everything is rendering fine. Just Hypercam3 is always crashing.

EDIT: Also if I use a predefined profile in XviD (720 for example) Hypercam3 starts recording (without crashing)  but never finishes encoding or working so the only thing I can do is killing the Process in the task manager.
Screenrecording with some outdated microsoft codec results in very poor quality and big filesize.
I'm very unhappy with this software.
So I will do some testing on a different Computer at home with this software maybe I can get some better result there.

kind regards
Alex
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 02:22:28 AM by Alexx2 »

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 11:25:07 PM »
No the portable Version of Hypercam3 is already registered correctly.
The issue with the XviD is solved but now I just have another one:

If I do the setup and stuff I choose to record a specific area on the screen which would be recorded. But somehow this area is sticky to my mouse movement.
How can I place and fix the area on screen so that it is not moving with my mouse all time?

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 08:44:17 PM »
Hello Alexx2,

Thank you for your answer.

These are good news.

Please let me know if you have registered HyperCam 3 with your license key.
If you have ordered portable version then follow steps described in this guideline to register the product correctly.
If there will be problems with registration please send to support(at)solveigmm(dot)com your order information (first and last names, email address, company name if was specified).

Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 07:52:48 PM »
Hey! I did it!
I've uninstalled the currently used - and then reinstalled the XviD codec from this site: http://www.xvid.org/Downloads.15.0.html and now also XviD is recognized by Hypercam.
Strangely other softwares werde abel to use the installed XviD codec before the reinstallation.
Thanks for help anyway Olga.
kind regards
Alex

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 12:54:39 AM »
Hello Olga

Thank you for your answer. Yes, as I've installed the portable version I uset the actual version from the download site. Now I've also tried to do full installation but also there the XviD Codec is not available for selecting in the codec list neither on Auto,avi nor asf when setting the output format list.
Just when I tried to register with my license/serial number the message was popping up that it is a wrong serial used. Maybe because I'v already used the full comercial license for registering the portable version.
EDIT: I just had a look at the ordering information, and the serial I'm using is just for portable installation only. So the software is running in trial mode, but also no XviD Codec is selectable.

thanks for help
kind regards
Alex
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 03:20:03 AM by Alexx2 »

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 12:37:16 AM »
Hello Alexx2,

Thank you for your post.

Could you please specify what HyperCam version you use?
What is your operating system?

I've check this on the 3.5.1211.29 version from the website and on 3.5 beta version and I have Xvid codec in the list.

Please make sure that you have not selected "WMV" in the Options -> Output format combobox. In this case Xvid codec is hidden in the list.
If you do not see Xvid codec if "Auto", "AVI" or "ASF" is chosen then please try to install HyperCam as the standard, not portable version. Will Xvid codec appear in this list?
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 07:56:47 PM »
Hello I'm very new to Hypercam
I'v done a portable installation on the NetworkDrive and also installed the XviD codec on my system drive.
When I start Hypercam the codec does not show up in the settings for recording.
So my question is how I can get Hypercam tio recognize the insalled codecs to utilize them for recording screenvideos? Is it maybe becauser i did a portable installation?
I already tried to move the portable folderstructure on my local computer but the XviD codec also doesn't shoew up in the settings.
Thanks in advance for help
kind regards
Alex