Author Topic: AVI splitter general enquiry  (Read 14343 times)
  • Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 05:01:00 AM »
Quote from: "sakkara"
hi there. i'm looking for a good AVI splitter. the Solveig one sounds good but i'm getting frustrated at downloading loads of different ones then finding they can't do what i want so can someone advise me if this will do the job please. i've got some AVI files that are VERY large (500 - 600meg) and want to split and edit them. the editor i've got at the mo just can't seem to handle them. even splitting them down in half etc, they play OK in WMP, but when i split a scene out and play it the soundtrack is quite a few seconds out of synch.
does anyone know if Solveig can handle files of this size. not bothered how many times i have to split them down to get to a reasonable size as long as the sound etc is all fine.

thanks....

Hello sakkara,
Thank you for your question.
In fact 600 MB is usual size for AVI files and both SolveigMM AVI trimmer and SolveigMM Video Splitter should properly handle AVI files with any size including 600Mb. Please try our tools and let us know if any problems.
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 07:45:26 AM »
hi there. i'm looking for a good AVI splitter. the Solveig one sounds good but i'm getting frustrated at downloading loads of different ones then finding they can't do what i want so can someone advise me if this will do the job please. i've got some AVI files that are VERY large (500 - 600meg) and want to split and edit them. the editor i've got at the mo just can't seem to handle them. even splitting them down in half etc, they play OK in WMP, but when i split a scene out and play it the soundtrack is quite a few seconds out of synch.
does anyone know if Solveig can handle files of this size. not bothered how many times i have to split them down to get to a reasonable size as long as the sound etc is all fine.

thanks....