Author Topic: Video Splitter *.WTV Support?  (Read 25668 times)
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2015, 05:48:27 PM »
WTV stands for Windows Recorded TV Show. It is a proprietary video and audio file container format, used for storing TV content recorded by Windows Media Center. WTV is the successor to the earlier DVR-MS file format that was used in Windows XP Media Center Edition. Today few software support parsing the WTV format, and less of them support converting WTV to other formats.There are many free or paid tools like handbrake ofr freemake can help you how to convert WTV files to formats supported by Video Splitter .
« Last Edit: October 24, 2022, 01:31:15 PM by Maxim.Sakhankov »

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2015, 12:15:39 AM »
Hello Gloriaivy,

Thank you for your post and suggestion.

We will discuss possibility of adding WTV file format to the list of the supported formats of Video Splitter.
If such feature appear in the product, I'll post here.

Thanks.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2015, 11:34:06 PM »
WTV files can be played only on very few media players like Windows Media Center, Nero 12, etc. But they are still not supported by Video Splitter. An easy workaround is as below:

http://video-tips.jimdo.com/2015/06/09/best-wtv-converter/
« Last Edit: October 24, 2022, 01:30:34 PM by Maxim.Sakhankov »

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2015, 09:55:27 PM »
I am looking to use Video Splitter to edit out commercials from Windows Media Center WTV recordings with frame level accuracy.  I am using comskip to locate the commercials, but editting the encoded video often means the part of the commercial cannot be cut or I lose part of the program. 

Will it be able to edit the WTV container (with either MPEG2 or H.264 encoded video) directly?  Or do i need to convert the file to another supported format?

I think converting WTV format to other more compatible video formats is a great method.

I follow a step by step guide to convert WTV files at: http://www.faasoft.com/articles/wtv-format.html

It helps you convert WTV to many other video formats like MP4, AVI, MOV, WMV, MKV, FLV, etc.

It also allows you to convert WTV to audio files such as MP3, WAV, M4A, AAC, etc.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 02:46:12 PM by Maxim.Sakhankov »

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 09:59:47 PM »
but I was just trying to save a step :)

Right, that's actually what the  the Splitter is intended to. These formats are just not implemented yet :(
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 02:24:32 PM »
Thank you Dmitry.  That's what I figured, but it was worth asking.  There are plenty of options for converting the recordings to other formats, but I was just trying to save a step :)

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 04:35:31 AM »
Hi subsee2002,

Thank you for uploading us the files. Unfortunately neither WTV nor it's predecessor DVR-MS are not supported by the Splitter at the moment.
You can either convert those videos or re-multiplex, which would be better for quality with some 3-rd party tools to MPEG-2 Program Stream that you  can easily edit by the Splitter. May be we'll add them in further versions.

Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 11:19:34 PM »
Olga,

I uploaded a 30-minute HD (720p) and a 30-minute SD (480i) video to my Google Drive.  You should be able to download them.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BxBkwjICPZv7ajE4ZVlKMzFqZms
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BxBkwjICPZv7TmZ4R3VYZFlhQWM

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 06:49:31 AM »
Let me find something small enough to upload

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 02:51:13 PM »
Hello psubsee2002,

Thank you for contacting us.

Could you please send us the example of such file for we could check this to be sure that such files are supported by Video Splitter?

You can upload it to any file host service, e.g. to dropbox.com or filedropper.com.

Thank you in advance.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 02:53:15 PM by Olga Krovyakova »
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 01:09:27 AM »
I am looking to use Video Splitter to edit out commercials from Windows Media Center WTV recordings with frame level accuracy.  I am using comskip to locate the commercials, but editting the encoded video often means the part of the commercial cannot be cut or I lose part of the program. 

Will it be able to edit the WTV container (with either MPEG2 or H.264 encoded video) directly?  Or do i need to convert the file to another supported format?