Author Topic: Pre-Sales question about Hypercam and other products.  (Read 17383 times)
  • Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 10:17:35 PM »
I suspect you slipped into your native language here.  Can you translate to English?  :-)

Well, that means an accuracy of the start/stop positions you can set to define some fragment to save it or cut out.

Here is FAQs topic about that:
http://www.solveigmm.com/forum/index.php?topic=2332.msg5924#msg5924

In connection to HyperCam, where you have an access to video codecs K-frame interval settings, the less value you set the precise will be further editing.
If you are evaluating media editor, just push left/right arrows and cursor will jump to key frames which are being cue points for editing.

And if you record video as uncompressed, all frames get K-Frame, so the editor operates with raw video with frame accuracy.

So if you had all three products, how would you create videos and avoid the K-Frame limitation, what ever that is?  Would I record in Hypercam, but use Video Splitter to edit it?  What would that buy me.  Sort of my first question in reverse.

Well, the Splitter edits only MPEg-2 video files with frame accuracy (with partial re-encoding, only a few frames).

Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 09:46:14 PM »
Dimtry,

Thank you for your quick reply and detailed answer.  Let me reply to some of your statements.

"AVI K-Frame accuracy editing"  -

I suspect you slipped into your native language here.  Can you translate to English?  :-)  How will this limit what I can do with the editing.  Does it limit where I can cut or paste the content?  Does it limit display quality?  Does it limit how much I can compress the output?  Pointer to better description is welcomed.

"Would it be attractive for you to have SolveigMM HyperCam + SolveigMM Video Splitter + SolveigMM WMP Trimmer Plugin in one bundle with significant discount?"
I think it would.  Still trying to figure out the other two products.  Digital River's sales page offers the other two products for 25% off when you buy hyper cam, so it sort of would be a bundle already.

So if you had all three products, how would you create videos and avoid the K-Frame limitation, what ever that is?  Would I record in Hypercam, but use Video Spitter to edit it?  What would that buy me.  Sort of my first question in reverse.

Thanks,

Cryptorchid

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 08:50:06 PM »
Dear CryptOrchid,

Thank you for your questions, I suppose they are very reasonable.

Functionality I need is to record screen, and be able to edit the recordings.  Seems like HyperCam is all I need because Media Editor is included.  Correct?
Exactly, but please be aware that HyperCam editor main editing features are AVI K-Frame accuracy editing with no re-encoding and AVI files (with same parameters) fast and lossless merging.

Playing with the trial version, I can not save edited files.  Is this a limitation only of the trial version or is there any limitations in product to save the edited version?
Yes that is a limitation of a trial, probably we will change it in future.

If I purchase Hypercam, would I want to get the VideoSplitter product.  What does VideoSplitter do that I might need?
I depends on you needs. The separate Video Spliiter version has some features that HyperCam media editor does not.

It supports WMV,ASF MPEG-2 video and MP3 / WMA audio files, has batch manager and goes with command line interface.

Is there any combined super product that combines the different products?
Do you mean some bundle? No, at the present moment we don't combined any bundles to one.

Woul it be attractive for you to have SolveigMM HyperCam + SolveigMM Video Splitter + SolveigMM WMP Trimmer Plugin in one bundle with significant discount?

« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 09:01:48 PM by Dmitry Vergeles »
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 08:11:51 PM »
Dimtry,

Very interested in buying HyperCam 3.0 but trying to figure out some details.  Functionality I need is to record screen, and be able to edit the recordings.  Seems like HyperCam is all I need because Media Editor is included.  Correct?

Playing with the trial version, I can not save edited files.  Is this a limitation only of the trial version or is there any limitations in product to save the edited version?

If I purchase Hypercam, would I want to get the VideoSplitter product.  What does VideoSplitter do that I might need?

Is there any combined super product that combines the different products?

Sorry for the pre-sales questions but I could not find a better place to ask it.

Thanks,
CryptOrchid.