Author Topic: What are the technical advantages of SolveigMM, over programs like VirtualDub?  (Read 7142 times)
  • Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
Hello escobar,

Thank you for your interest to our technologies.

Technically K-frame editing technology just can't vary deeply. So all editing products to have such a capability, should deliver similar outputs, as it is the only way to do that valid.
VD is very good tool and intended for fast digital processing task.

Our tool concentrates at the seamless fast, out of sync K-frame/ Frame accuracy editing of a set input media formats like  AVI, ASF/WMV, MPEG-2 TS/PS/VES, MPEG-1 SS/VES, AVCHD TS/PS, WEB-M, WMV, MP4 etc.

Not all of the enumerated formats are supported in the current 2.2 release, but we are working on them, to make editing life easier and more convenient.

And one more side of Solveig Technologies, we don't clone any third-party products, and don't create something that everybody offers, but develop something challenging :)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 10:50:09 AM by Maxim.Sakhankov »
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

escobar
Hello, I am a potential customer.
Up to this point, I have only tried SolveigMM splitter in trial mode.
During this time, I made a few splits of AVI & WMV video.

I understand that SolveigMM has clear advantage over VirtualDub when it comes to usage.
- It's much easier to perform a batch task.
- Buttons are more user friendly.

But when it comes to the actual splitting, I'm wondering if there's any difference.
I performed splits of AVI & WMV on both SolveigMM & VirtualDub (direct stream copy).
- In media players, the quality looked exactly the same.
- In cutting accuracy, both depended on K-Frame timings.
- In G-Spot Codec Tool, the info looked pretty similar.

Generally speaking, how is the SolveigMM splitting process superior than VirtualDub?
Does SolveigMM help in situations that VirtualDub can't?

Thank you for any reply.