Author Topic: using mkv trimmer, if edit something out in middle, lose audio at end of video  (Read 43084 times)
  • Users
    • View Profile
I went to
http://www.cccp-project.net/
and they just released a newer version of the combined community codec pack
on 11 11 11, and that fixed the audio issue.
Don't know what codec pack others use, but this one has worked well for me.

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
Hello flugal 123qazrq,

Thank you for files your have uploaded for us.

Unfortunately we have not reproduced this problem, but we will do our best to find out what could be its reason.

Could you please specify what AVI Trimmer + MKV version have you used?

Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
The files have been uploaded to
http://www.mediafire.com/?yk413mpkkg7l942
It contains the original file, plus the edited one, plus the time codes that were used in the edit.
I am able to use mkvmerge GUI and split the edits from the original and them append them using mkvmerge (mkvtoolnix - www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/ ) and the file plays perfectly.  In the past, I have always used mkvmerge to edit all my mkv files, but if your programs would work, I would spread the word far and wide, because their would be no better mkv editor out there!  It would be awesome to have your visual editor work consistently without having to ever use mkvmerge again.  Your editors would cut the time invested by 5-10 minutes a file.

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
Hello flugal 123qazrq,

Thank you for your message.

Yes, please send us your original file and the output file. You can upload it to any file host service (e.g. to dropbox.com) and send us the link to it (you can  post it here or send to support (at) solveigmm(dot)com).

Please specify also start and stop times of the fragment you have chose.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 12:03:00 PM »
When using mkv trimmer, if edit something out in middle, lose audio at end of video for about last 45 seconds.  I take cartoons that I download off the internet that are in mkv format - single audio (a_aac) and I edit out the repeat in each episode (the title sequence), and the credits.
If you need me to send a copy of a file, I can, I have tried on multiple computers, and different OSs, and get the same result.  Tried older copy from site, and newest, and same results.  Sometimes it will work, but most of time will not.  I have tried on XP and Vista.