Author Topic: Feature requests  (Read 17922 times)
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 07:19:46 AM »
Hi Dmitry,

Thanks for your response, the volume slider looks good!

I will try using the Save Selected Fragment option as you have described and provide some feedback!

Pallab :-)

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 08:16:57 PM »
Hello Pallab,

Sorry for so late response. We really appreciate our cuctomers feedback and advices how to improve our products.

Volume control is in our to-do list and even drawn already:), so hope it wil be implemented in the nearest feature.
that should look kind of that:

As for the naming, that sounds pretty reasonable, but before we add in to the feature list, why don't use batch manager for that purposes.

I mean instead of name item, you can call Save Selected Fragment

then set file name, and set batch chek (11)

after you do that for all the fragments, you can just execute the batch (start batch processing)

PLease let me know your thoughts
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 08:58:36 PM by Dmitry Vergeles »
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 12:12:39 AM »
As a Video Splitter user I had a couple of ideas that might make it even more awesome! Other people may also have ideas so I have taken the liberty of starting a thread to collect these.

Hopefully the design team will be able to assess these and decide if they can be included in future!

My requests are:

1. Simple volume slider to control playback volume. Useful when editing with Video Splitter and using other media apps at the same time - if the media file being edited with Video Splitter is higher in volume, the volume level can be lowered in relation to other apps.

2. Ability to provide a name for a selected fragment before 'Save All Fragments As'. For example, say I put a marker at points A and B in the clip, and select this fragment for splitting. If there was a 'Name' option as part of the right-click menu then I could right-click fragment AB, select 'Name' which could open a textbox to provide a filename.
   When performing 'Save All Fragments' this could use the 'Name' if specified.
    Any fragments that did not have a 'Name' specified could then be treated using the general naming rule as is done currently. So people that just want to use what is currently available would not be affected.
    Another option could be to use a Fragment Properties option (instead of 'Name') in the menu - the 'Name' could be one of the Properties. This might allow for other user-defined Properties (such as 'Folder' to allow different fragments in the same clip to be saved to different folders) to be added easily. 
   This would help my workflow tremendously!