Author Topic: Elecard display logo and end of trial on videosplitter 7 x64 cant be removed  (Read 66595 times)
  • Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
I just checked both 32 and 64 bit versions and could not reproduce the problem you described. Could you please let me know what file you try to open when you see  the watermark (a file type and a video codec).
Also, I would suggest to check if you have both versions installed at the same time (by default in Program Files (x86)/Solveig Multimedia and in Program Files/Solveig Multimedia) and uninstall both of them in this case, then install the 64 bit version only and register it.

Hello this issue is back :( I'll write to you via a support ticket with all the files and the source one.
It's very annoying... after spending hours to do cut, that all the files can't be used and that everything must be redone.
i have the original file, the one cut in the 32 bits version of your software, showing No issue at all, and the 64 bits version showing it.
i don't understand how it can happen, as your software is Not encoding anything, so how such a logo and text display can be displayed on the video result ?

to answer your question, yes, i have both 32 bits and 64 bits version installed. no other choice. the 64 bits version has so much issues (often the subtitles has zero bytes when cut while the 32 bits doesn't make this bug, we reported this bug now since more than 2 years, both for 32 and 64 bits, why it's taking so long to be fixed ?).
for an unknown reason, the 32 bits make the computer to be very slow (windows 10), so to work on files with no subtitle, i must switch to 64 bits, and to avoid issues related to the 64 bits version i must switch to the 32 bits one.

as much as i love your software, all this is pretty annoying. i'm not even speaking about project which crash during the cut / rendering. this video which displayed the elecard logo in the 64 bits version, stopped to do the cut at the 5th (5/9), and i had no other choice to switch to the 32 bits version to have a proper cut and the whole video done and with no logo. (no subtitles on this one it's just a Mp4 video which come from youtube).
youtube codecs are not at fault, i had this same issue with other Mp4 (H264) coming from a complete different source.

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
Hello Marty,

Bugs with editing files with srt subtitles are still in our "to do" list.
As soon as they will be fixed and the updated version will be ready we will write here.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
Also, I would suggest to check if you have both versions installed at the same time (by default in Program Files (x86)/Solveig Multimedia and in Program Files/Solveig Multimedia) and uninstall both of them in this case, then install the 64 bit version only and register it.

i don't have this issue anymore since a long time. and at this time, no , i didn't had both version installed together. before that i never had installed the 64 bits version because i was not aware of its existance.

unfortunatly there is a bug on the recent 32 and 64 bits version that the guys at solveig are aware, it's with the subtitles.
1) out of sync subtitles when editing several videos at once
2) sometimes, 0 bytes srt file are generated...

only way I found to stop this issue is to install an old version of the 32 bits version which has not this issue (the last versions have it) (and it doesn't fix the other subtitle issue, the out of sync issue if we edit several subtitled video at the same time).
but the 32 bits version for an unknown reason, slow down completly my computer (i7 + 32 gb of ram, and nothing in the performance information of windows, no gpu pic, or anything, it's just slowing down the whole windows.) 
where the 64 bits is not making this issue. but the 64 make out of sync subtitle or randomly generate subtitled video with a 0 bytes srt file :( ... making the whole process uselss and lost.

so i use the 32 bits version only to edit videos with Srt files, and the 64 bits version now for everything else until a fix is found.

unfortunatly it's now 2 years that this bug has been reported and still no fix...
if solveig release the version 8 with this bug fixed, i think i'll be a bit on nerves lol...

• Users
    • View Profile
I just checked both 32 and 64 bit versions and could not reproduce the problem you described. Could you please let me know what file you try to open when you see  the watermark (a file type and a video codec).

Hi just to let you know that i sent you here in PM a video file which was doing the issue. it seems it's related to the x64 version, i reverted to the 32bits version and so far didn't had this issue yet.

• Users
    • View Profile

I uninstalled the x86 version when i installed the 64 one. but yes, if i see the watermark again, i'll send you the video file with the information but usually it's Mp4/Mkv with AVC/H264.

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello Marty,
The logo and watermarks are trial restrictions of the unregistered version. You need to activate the x64 version as well with your key.

the version is activated... unless i need to activate the codec too ? (but where) or that i missed something..

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
Hello Marty,
The logo and watermarks are trial restrictions of the unregistered version. You need to activate the x64 version as well with your key.

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi, since i updated the software to 64 bits (was running the 32 bits version) i have a logo showing Elecard in the up corner of the preview video. can't remove it. i see it's in the list of codec used by your sofware. and tonight, while doing my favorite game, splitting video, i got a "trial ended of elecard, blablabla purchase proper blablabl"

yes in the past i used trial of software like progdvb, but i installed it. no idea if it's related or not. in the list of codec used by your softwate it's written Elecard Codec (custom)... i saw that in the last log of the update of the x64 bits version, there is this : 'Fixed overlaying an "Unregistered" logo on some MPEG-4 videos'

not sure if it's related. deinstalled your software and reinstalling it didn't solved the issue. i'm afraid i will switch back to the 32 bits version meanwhile, to avoid this problem because i kind of tried everything which came in mind with no luck. Thanks !