Author Topic: 2.5 is now out, any idea when mkv support will be added?  (Read 59727 times)
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2011, 05:22:37 AM »
Forgot to mention, the resize and position are being remembered now, must have had too many things going on my computer (multitasking - both me and the computer  :P )

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2011, 04:26:01 AM »
I can not seem to figure out how to contact you directly.  When I click on your profile, an option to send private message does not appear.  All other boards that I am on, you can, so maybe I am just missing something. If you can let me know how to send you a message directly, I can give you my personal information.

I have been editing videos for the last 17 years, so I have dealt with almost every conceivable video file. One feature that stands out the most of your products, is that they don't have to recompile the videos just to do simple edits.  There are some others out there that will, but they will only split the videos into segments, then you have to manually put them back together again (MKV Toolnix,  Boilsoft Video Splitter & Joiner...).  Almost all others want to do a recompile of the videos to just edit out parts, which always results in worse quality, or at least, much bigger files (TMPGenc, Ultra, Handbrake, Video Contertors), they have there place if you are in need of changing formats to work in other devices, but they are no good for just doing edits, and they are very time consuming if every edit requires re-encoding.  Most of us just want to edit out the parts that we don't want, or in movies, don't want parts in there that we don't want our kids to see (nudity, suicides, credits...), which is the main reason why I got into editing, because we started having kids and I wanted to protect them from the bad stuff in movies and also to get as many cartoon series for my kids to enjoy and TV series for my dad who has gotten quite old and doesn't do much anymore but watch what I can get for him. I will post your programs abilities on all the sites that I have access to on their boards, because their are many people who I know would feel the same way as me about your programs abilities.

The beta version that I am using, by the way, is not displaying actual shots from the movies, just looks like about the size of maybe that part of an image from screen in the movie - 1/2"by 1".  I know it should display an actual screen from the video file, but it's not, and if I move through the timeline of the movies, they are not changing.    I have tried with many different video files, but I just can't seem to get it to work.  I don't know if you have ever tried TMPGenc Video Mastering Works (it only does re-encodes), but there timeline with images is extremely well done, and I think that is what you are after with your timeline images.

It really is amazing what you guys are accomplishing with this program, and I really look forward to seeing all that you will be able to add to it.

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2011, 02:31:59 AM »
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2011, 02:30:16 AM »
The Option that I was trying to describe, is where you would drag and drop a new file onto your editor, say the next one in a series, and your programs would keep the same edits in the timeline  (another name for the edits would be the "markers" in "video splitter" or "time fragments" in "avi/mkv trimmer"), that you could then click on each edit, and verify that the edits lined up with the new episode, and then be able to make small adjustments on that file, run the "save" button or the "trim" button or "add task to batch queue", then drag and drop another episode onto the program, same edits  ("markers" or "fragments") display again, and check the edits ("markers" or "fragments"), and so on and so on.

Good idea, we've put it in todo, let's see if that is easy to implement we'll add it shortly.

Another option that would be good for your program "AVI MKV Trimmer", would be an option to be able to resize the video preview window, and to remember screen location of the preview window.  I do realize that this is a free program, and that there really is no options in it, and I do understand that you don't want to distract from your main program, its just a suggestion.

As far as I know both resize is able and window positions keeping, have you experienced some problems with that? could you describe a scenario or make a short video,  you can use HyperCam trial for that

Any chance of getting a code for your version 3.0, you have the option "How to get SolveigMM Video Splitter license for free", I would do any and all beta testing, offer suggestions, and post links to all the many sites that I get videos from, because to me, there is no better video editor that has such promise, as the ones that you are producing. I hope that you guys keep up the wonderful work for many years to come. Even if you don't give me a key for your 3.0 version, I will still do all I can to promote your programs, because your hard work deserves recognition that it is available, and that it may well do all that many people just like me have been looking for, just can't tell all that it can do without full version to your 3.0 or be able to give more complete understanding of its abilities.

flugal, we are alweys welcome to be our betatesters and we really need them and appreciate such help. Spread a world is be also very appreciated. Contact us with your details and we'll send you beta testing keys. At this stage testing of splitting and joingin of MKV/MP4/MOV/AVCHD files would be very helpfull.
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 11:30:41 PM »
I went to
http://www.cccp-project.net/
and they just released a newer version of the combined community codec pack
on 11 11 11, and that fixed the hanging issue.  I was using the version just before
that, and it would hang but the new version
http://www.cccp-project.net/download.php?type=cccp
fixed it.  Don't know what codec pack others use, but this one has worked well for me.

The Option that I was trying to describe, is where you would drag and drop a new file onto your editor, say the next one in a series, and your programs would keep the same edits in the timeline  (another name for the edits would be the "markers" in "video splitter" or "time fragments" in "avi/mkv trimmer"), that you could then click on each edit, and verify that the edits lined up with the new episode, and then be able to make small adjustments on that file, run the "save" button or the "trim" button or "add task to batch queue", then drag and drop another episode onto the program, same edits  ("markers" or "fragments") display again, and check the edits ("markers" or "fragments"), and so on and so on.

Another option that would be good for your program "AVI MKV Trimmer", would be an option to be able to resize the video preview window, and to remember screen location of the preview window.  I do realize that this is a free program, and that there really is no options in it, and I do understand that you don't want to distract from your main program, its just a suggestion.

Any chance of getting a code for your version 3.0, you have the option "How to get SolveigMM Video Splitter license for free", I would do any and all beta testing, offer suggestions, and post links to all the many sites that I get videos from, because to me, there is no better video editor that has such promise, as the ones that you are producing. I hope that you guys keep up the wonderful work for many years to come. Even if you don't give me a key for your 3.0 version, I will still do all I can to promote your programs, because your hard work deserves recognition that it is available, and that it may well do all that many people just like me have been looking for, just can't tell all that it can do without full version to your 3.0 or be able to give more complete understanding of its abilities.

Thank you guys

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 05:47:59 PM »
Hello flugal 123qazrq,

> Tried the beta, it hangs when it gets to an edit,  doesn't crash, but just hangs there, on a mkv.
Could you please upload this file to any file host service and please specify time codes of your fragment.

> One feature that would be a great thing to incorporate into the programs, would be an option to remember the time codes when editing many episodes or series...

You can use Batch Manager for such task. Choose the fragment you would like to save, then go to Tools-> Batch Manager-> Add Task to Batch Queue. Then open another file and repeat the file additing to the Batch Queue.

Then go to Tools-> Batch Manager-> Start Batch Processing. Video Splitter will create all needed fragments.

> Another option would be good, would be if you could have a list displayed on the side, that would have each edit listed...

Thank you for your suggestion, we will think over it and possibly add in future.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 12:12:32 PM »
One feature that would be a great thing to incorporate into the programs, would be an option to remember the time codes when editing many episodes or series.  Many times, the episodes have the exact same time edits, like when the titles play in each episode and when the credits start, so it would be great to not have to find all the edit points each time when they are in exactly the same place, or even if they are just off by a bit, its still easier to adjust minor amounts than have to search through each video file again and again and again....

Another option would be good, would be if you could have a list displayed on the side, that would have each edit listed, so that you could click on any of the edits in the list, and it would highlight in the timeline, then you could make minor adjustments, or delete the edit altogether, then the list would resort itself, but an option to undo the change would also be good, just in case of an accidental change or delete.

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 10:40:15 AM »
Tried the beta, it hangs when it gets to an edit,  doesn't crash, but just hangs there, on a mkv.

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 02:48:09 AM »
Hi Nuser,

We've merged 2.4 with 3.0.
So, 3.0 has all 2.4 had + all 2.6 have + some new features like visual timeline and MOV files support.
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 02:05:50 AM »
Hello Olga
Does this mean that the 2.4 version will not be developed anymore?
Best regards
Nuser

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 01:10:07 PM »
Hello flugal 123qazrq,

Thank you for your question.

We plan to add MKV, MOV, MP4 files support to Video Splitter 3.0 version.

You can  try the beta version available from the link below:

http://www.solveigmm.com/download/SolveigMM_Video_Splitter_3_0_Beta.exe

We appreciate any feedback and/or bug reports.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 12:46:03 PM »
2.5 is now out, any idea when mkv support will be added?