Author Topic: Error: "the buffer is not big enough"  (Read 13278 times)
  • Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2015, 06:21:36 PM »
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2015, 07:33:04 PM »
Hello Jochen K.,

Thank you for your post.

edit:
I tried to join those two files twice; I just noticed that both attempts produced identical output: a film snippet 2:37 mins long and 20.7 MB in size.

Could you pleas upload for us to reproduce the issue the initual files you have tried to join and the original input file(s) from which these parts were created. Also please send the project file to get these parts. To get the project file select fragments for saving then follow to File -> Save project as.

edit 2:
I just loaded another largeish .avi file - and didn't even try to remove the ads, because I noticed something that I remember from all those failed attempts - the blue visualisation of the soundtrack proceeded until it had reached roughly three quarters, then it stopped.
The last time this happened, I...
-...removed everything without the blue sound bar; this worked.
-...tried just to keep that part and remove everything WITH the blue sound bar; this failed with the usual error message,
Yes, if you save any fragment in period where the audio wave doesn't appear, there will be this error message.
We are still triying to fix this problem on Windows 10 that happens with some AVI files.
As soon as there will be the updated version ready, I'll post here.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 12:19:49 AM »
Hi,

with Windows 10 I have bumped into this same message repeatedly, in those circumstances:

1. Removing ads from .avi files that are usually 1GB+ in size.

2. Just now trying to splice together two .avi files sized 105 MB and 432 MB.

Kind Regards,

Jochen K.

edit:
I tried to join those two files twice; I just noticed that both attempts produced identical output: a film snippet 2:37 mins long and 20.7 MB in size.

edit 2:
I just loaded another largeish .avi file - and didn't even try to remove the ads, because I noticed something that I remember from all those failed attempts - the blue visualisation of the soundtrack proceeded until it had reached roughly three quarters, then it stopped.
The last time this happened, I...
-...removed everything without the blue sound bar; this worked.
-...tried just to keep that part and remove everything WITH the blue sound bar; this failed with the usual error message,
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 12:48:56 AM by Jochen K. »

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 10:37:37 PM »
Hello kyliansunn,
Thank you for your post.

The problem is in the Microsoft Direct Show filters in Windows 10 used for trimming.
Currently we are trying to sort this problem out.

We will let you know the results.

kyliansunn
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 09:54:18 AM »
Hi, I have received the following error message when trying to save fragments from a certain .avi file:
http://s30.postimg.org/lutnbseld/image.jpg

Is there any solution for this problem? I encountered this after updating to Windows 10. It does not appears for other files, though.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2022, 01:27:20 PM by Maxim.Sakhankov »