Author Topic: Tool needend for scene/cam changes in videos (not Keyframes)  (Read 15473 times)
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 04:39:21 PM »
Thanks for your answer. Of  course I use all the timeline zoom options...  it helps, but could also be better. I miss 2 seconds.
I would also like to have better jump options (navigation) 1/20 or 2 min is not helpful. Better would be here a individual number of seconds, to be entered in options. Like VLC media player has build in. You can choose between 3 jumps: short, medium and long, all individually adjustable.

best regards

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 04:27:54 AM »
Hi Hobedtor, it's good idea about scene changes and many thumbnails lines .
Meanwhile i'd suggest to use timline zoom, to better find the  right scene. frame mode zoom is also available.
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 02:49:01 PM »
Hello Hobedtor.

Thank you for your feedback and feature requests.
I will provide your description to a developers team.

I'll post here if any of those features would be added.

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 03:17:09 PM »
Hello

The program is good but:
I edit many mp4. h264 videos every day and the mainproblem is to find the right places to set the markers quickly. It costs too much time. The function to navigate to next keyframe is good, but by far not all cam/scene changes (cuts) are on keyframes. It depends on the video. So the only thing I can do is to use the picture mode, but to switch in it takes too long. (I have a fast systerm) Or take the arrow keys to find them. Imagine you want to cut out 20-50 scenes per video, it takes too long. Adobe Speedgrade has such a scene change detection in it. I would be very glad, if you could implement such a tool in the video splitter.
Furthermore for better overview it would be fine when the timeline (thumbs) could not be only one line. If it would have two or more (adjustable), more thumbs could be loaded in advance. At the end of the line I have to wait for the next thumbs. It depends on the video how fast they load. Next thumbs should be loaded bevore the cursor is on its end.
In the navigation please implement adjustable jumps in frames like 2,5,10 frames.

best regards