Author Topic: In Version 6 I can no longer cut videos without specifying beginning markers  (Read 9108 times)
  • Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
Hello mydarkpassenger,

The behavior you described is not completely correct. In the current version of Video Splitter you can select the mode (Cut or Keep) which defines what type the interval between start and stop markers will have. Comparing to previous versions, in this case you don't have to additionally specify the interval type after setting markers.

it won't let me specify an end marker and beginning mark on a new frame which means I have to move the frame one forward before I can save a clip (3 steps in instead of 1).

This is not correct. You can still use the 'old' way of interval marking: set only one type of markers, the end of each interval is still the start of the next interval, you don't have to move one frame further. After that you can specify which interval to keep and which to cut with a context menu or hotkeys. Please keep in mind, that actions will be applied to currently selected interval - the one in which a slider is located.

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 03:23:54 AM »
I'm noticing a change where I now seem to need to specify beginning and end markers for each clip where in Splitter 5 and below I didn't need to (it used the end of the previous clip as the start of the new marker).  I would like to get this behavior back especially since it won't let me specify an end marker and beginning mark on a new frame which means I have to move the frame one forward before I can save a clip (3 steps in instead of 1).  Is there a setting to fix this?