Author Topic: Frame accuracy trim on WMV shows artifacts  (Read 48151 times)
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 11:24:58 AM »
Hi.  I am using version:

Installation version 3. 0. 1204. 17
Version 3. 0. 1204. 23

I tried my test on Windows 7 with media player 12 as well as Windows Server 2008 with media player 11 and both produced the same issue.

I think it has to do with how my start/stop times are specified in the xtl.  In the xtl reference, the stop/stop is in hh:mm:ss.ff format, where hh = hours, mm = minutes, ss = seconds, and ff = fractions of seconds. Example: 1:04:30.512.

When I specify the fractions greater than 0, the cuts become more distorted where as if I specified .00 fractions, it is less noticeable.

Here are my test files:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3426455/sample.zip

Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 12:51:33 PM by Maxim.Sakhankov »

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 05:10:30 PM »
Hello snapcoyote,

could you specify more info about the problem?

full version info of the video splitter installation.
If you will upload file and xtl it will speed up resolution.
Also i need to know which version of OS do you use. + if it's XP which version of Windows Media Player is installed.

Also, how come the attribute 'accuracy' for the track element in the xtl is not documented?  Are there other attributes not documented?
Yes,  "Batch File Format" in help file need to be updated. Latest one is in SolveigMM Video Editing SDK.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 06:01:24 PM by Stanislav Mikhailenko »
Solveig Multimedia - Video Editing Software

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 05:53:49 AM »
I'm using the batchsplit command tool to trim a wmv vc1 and I've noticed there are artifacts at the point of the cut when I specify the attribute accuracy="frame" in the xtl.  I was wondering if this is normal due to cutting at a non keyframe.  When I trim an mp4 avc file instead, there are no artifacts and seems to be frame accurate.  I know I can use GOP accuracy on the wmv but I prefer frame with no artifacts if possible.

Also, how come the attribute 'accuracy' for the track element in the xtl is not documented?  Are there other attributes not documented?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 05:58:47 AM by snapcoyote »