Author Topic: XP SP1 and AVI files freeze  (Read 38826 times)
  • Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 03:44:47 PM »
Hello Travolter,

Unfortunately we have not sollution for this problem at present time.

I have asked Microsoft to help us with this it.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsdirectshowdevelopment/thread/0f948a79-b61f-482f-8566-c3949280f7d3

Hope they will help to find the way to prevent this freezing.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 06:58:21 PM »
Hello Travolter,

This is a bit above my skills level but... Dmitry or Olga should be able to help you with this problem.

Please check back here on Monday or when you have the chance during the week as I don't think Dmitry or Olga work weekends.
Specs below -
Win7x64
Gigabyte P31-S3G
Pentium dual core E5200 @ 2.50Ghz 1.30Ghz
RAM 4GB
Radeon 4730 HD 512MB

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 05:28:20 PM »
I use XP-SP1. Each time I load an AVI file into solveigg splitter the program freeze in the avi loading process. I notice that its an issue of XPSP1 because its working perfectly in XPsp2/3.

I really need to use XPSP1 because I can use all my 4GB ram using PAE. In XPSP2 the PAE limit is 3gb.

I tried to install all kind of codec packs and splitter.. but maybe the problem is that default Microsoft AVIsplitter is always used by default in certain programs like solveig.

Same avi videos that freeze solveiggmm splitter also freeze video players as wmplayer or potplayer.
Using potplayer I solved the problem using the internal-potplayer-avi splitter, instead the system default one.

I tried installing matroska splitter to decode AVIs and avoid use the Microsoft avi splitter.. but Im not able to set it as prefered one in my system.

Any Microsoft AVI splitter update from XPsp1 to sp2 is avaible? maybe something missing?

Sorry if This is totally offtopic, but you are truly experts and I dont know other sources to ask.
Thanks friends.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 09:33:18 PM by travolter »