Author Topic: after 7 minutes audio skips  (Read 20194 times)
  • Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2013, 10:57:42 PM »
Hello TheButterKnife,

Thank you for your post.

I've reproduced this problem on official and beta versions.

We will try to fix it in the near future,  I'll post here as soon as this version will appear.

Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2013, 12:20:05 PM »
I currently have the same issue as well, I tried using audacity to record voice while recording footage, but I can't seem to get a hotkey to work for it without having the window currently selected, meaning that I have to start it and then hyper cam. Then if I want to end a recording I have to select the window again and stop audacity, and then hyper cam, or vice versa, which leads to a lot of guess work on trimming.

Without the microphone in the mix it will record even 15 minute segments without any degradation in the sound at all. But, with microphone input the issue kicks off around 7:10 as well. Strangely the microphone output seems to be clear, but, the system sounds (Like from a video game) tend to run choppy.

If anyone knows of a microphone recording program that I can set to record while in a full screen program with a designated hot-key, I'd quite like to know of it.

I will also try the beta linked in the description to see if that fixes the issue.

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 03:21:58 AM »
ok, I think I fixed the problem. by turning window recording mode to hide.

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 01:50:13 AM »
So I thought that worked. But I jumped to conclusions. I still have audio skipping around 7:10 of every video. I will log my next recording and put it in my next post.

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 10:54:25 PM »
thank you, installing the beta fixed the issue.

Keep up the great work.

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 09:29:10 PM »
Hello drewski,

Please try to use the latest beta version of HyperCam.

This problem should be fixed in it. Please download it from direct link below:

http://www.solveigmm.com/download/SolveigMM_HyperCam_3_5_Beta.exe

If the problem remains, could you please record and send us log files (suuport(at)solveigmm(dot)com).  Here is the guideline on how to get them:

http://www.solveigmm.com/en/faq/how-to-record-log-files-for-hypercam-3/

If you record something from the web please specify the link.

Thank you in advance.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 01:31:07 PM »
I've been tinkering with hypercam 3's settings for months trying to get the right compression and codec and what not.
I finally find that having it at wmvideo9 encoder dmo, wmv, works best for my video settings. And having mp3 audio compressor helps keep the file size down. And after I have all the settings that work for me, I go to record, all excited, and it works until 7 minutes in. Exactly 7 minutes. The audio starts skipping in and out.

I have it set to record from system audio + my headset microphone.
I've tried setting it to record from stereo mix, but then my mic is muffled and I have to listen to my voice echo through the speakers. However recording through stereo mix fixes the problem, it just makes other problems.

Advice would be greatly enjoyed, thank you in advance.