Author Topic: Can't use Lagarith codec  (Read 19312 times)
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 11:06:25 AM »
Hi Sven,

Thank you for your reply. Could you please specify the Lagarith codec version you use.

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 09:23:28 PM »
Hello Sven,

Thank you for contacting us.

It hope it will be fixed shortly.
Please keep an eye on this thread, I will inform you as soon as we'll find out possible problem reason.

Thank you for patience.

Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 03:33:23 PM »
I've tried the beta. While it appears to now list ffdshow even when that is configured to use HuffYUV, it still doesn't list the Lagarith codec.

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 05:18:23 PM »
Hi Sven,

Please try to use the latest HyperCam 3.1 beta. It should solve the problem.

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 04:17:47 PM »
Hi Sven,

Thank you for the information. We will check it and answer shortly. Hope it can be easily fixed, keep an eye on the topic.
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 12:01:37 PM »
I'm trying to use the Lagarith lossless video codec for capturing video with Hypercam, but it doesn't show up in the list of codecs in Hypercam. It works fine in other software such as VirtualDub.

A similar problem also occurs with FFDshow; if FFDshow's VFW configuration is set up to encode in HuffYUV (another lossless codec), HyperCam doesn't list it. If however I set up FFDshow to use e.g. MJPEG, HyperCam does list it, and if I then switch it to HuffYUV from within HyperCam, it works fine.

It seems HyperCam is filtering out codecs based on certain properties, but I can't figure out why it's doing that. The FFDShow/HuffYUV example shows that it's not because it can't use them, because it works fine with the workaround.