Author Topic: Video Splitter features ask  (Read 29650 times)
  • Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 07:16:00 PM »
Hello George,

Thank you for your useful features list.
In reality we are collecting users feedback to improve our software.

The next version will support WMV/ASF files but we are going to implement the features mentioned in the forthcoming Splitter versions.

If you know some more features to make users life within video editing more happy we shall be appreciative of your opinion.
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 05:56:42 AM »
I used your software Video Splitter & I find it VERY useful (at least for me, that I don't want to spend time in video works!).
Before that, I was using TMPGEnc XPress & TMPGEnc MPEG Editor (by Pegasys) & I wasn't too happy with it, because it was taking me too damn time to do a simple work (same thing with VirtualDub) = All I need from such kind of software, is to be able to cut\remove some scattered pieces out of any AVI file (DivX compression to be precise!) in 1 editing time & to get the output AVI (again DivX!) in the minimum time possible, without any image or sound quality loss!!!

Your software was the lifeboard of mine in this, but... I have 2 objections:

There are no keys for frame-by-frame movement (or at least - if not keys - mouse wheel!). This is a big trouble for me, since I cannot make a down-to-1-frame-specification! This means low precision in cuttings... (my previous software - TMPGEnc XPress - has already this feature - give it a look)

There is no timeline-with-thumbnails feature. This is increasing the precision - since the user can see the exact point each time (this was a feature actually in a software I was using for MPEG editing - TMPGEnc MPEG Editor by Pegasys - give it a look too - it was very nice!)

I hope in a future version you 'll fix these (perhaps in combination of 1+2)! This way your software will be very much more useful!

gn312879@freemail.gr