Author Topic: Support for HEVC x265?  (Read 72467 times)
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2018, 05:05:05 PM »
The evaluation part of the specifications may help for HEVC
http://www.blu-raydisc.com/en/Technical/TechnicalWhitePapers/BDROM.aspx

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2018, 06:53:54 PM »
Thank you for the file and the description.
I'll provide it to the developers team.

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2018, 06:01:42 AM »
When drag to the timeline, get an error message

Test_HEVC_DTS-HD .m2ts

here information about this file

after trimming in the beta version, tsMuxeR do not accept this file

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2018, 04:23:52 PM »
I replied here about the VP9.

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2018, 02:52:50 PM »
This beta is mostly for the HEVC testing. It supports MPEG2(e.g. *.ts) with HEVC, mp4 with HEVC and raw HEVC video but can have problems with the other formats, so it is recommended to use this beta version only for HEVC processing.

Thank you very much for getting back to me on this matter.

However, in the interim, while I waited for your reply to my query, which I posted almost two weeks ago, I found another application, TMPGEnc Smart Renderer 5, which does everything I needed and then some.  For now, therefore, I have no further interest in the Solveig Splitter.

However there is one thing that would bring me back:  Is there any serious talk or discussion about making Solveig compatible with .webm files that use the VP9 video codec?

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2018, 02:31:58 PM »
Thank you for your comments on the beta version.

I uploaded the updated beta version. Please download it by the link below:
http://www.solveigmm.com/files/SolveigMM_Video_Splitter_Business_Edition_x64_6_1_1706_1_HEVC_Beta.exe

Please, pay attention to the following restrictions / requirements for this version:
- This is x64 beta version. You should have the 64-bit OS to install and run it.
- This beta is mostly for the HEVC testing. It supports MPEG2(e.g. *.ts) with HEVC, mp4 with HEVC and raw HEVC video but can have problems with the other formats, so it is recommended to use this beta version only for HEVC processing.
- The process of trimming HEVC video may include partial re-encoding and the time of the re-encoding depends on the input file's specifications. It may take quite a long time to re-encode and the progress bar may stay unchanged during that time. The re-encoding is still in progress even if the progress bar does not change, so please be patient. However, if the progress bar does not change for more than 10 minutes, the processing is most likely hanged. We are aware of such type of problem but currently it is not fixed.
To check if the re-encoding still in progress, please open the Task Manager and find the "x265-8bpp" or "x265-10bpp" process. If it exists, than the re-encoding is active.

2 maximususs:
Please try the updated beta version and if the error that you described is not fixed, please upload your file again.

2 criggs:
The evaluation period applied to this beta as well.
Check this topic for the thread posts order: http://www.solveigmm.com/forum/index.php?topic=5312.0

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2018, 10:01:23 AM »
I installed the demo version as a portable installation and I could not pull in a .ts file with h.265.  It pulled in, but all I got was the audio.

O.K., I just looked at the start of the thread and realized you were talking about the Beta version.  I've not yet purchased the Splitter; I installed the demo version.  Will the Beta version, the link to which you've supplied, work for a free trial period?  Or do I need to purchase the Splitter in order for the Beta to work?

On a totally irrelevant matter, I've somehow managed to screw up the order in which the posts in this topic are appearing.  The latest posts are appearing FIRST while the original posts are appearing LAST on the SECOND PAGE!!  How did I manage to screw up the thread display settings, and how can I change it back?  Thanks.  Really getting a bit frustrated!

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2018, 09:47:59 AM »
The supported formats are .hevc and .ts files with H265 video codec.

I installed the demo version as a portable installation and I could not pull in a .ts file with h.265.  It pulled in, but all I got was the audio.

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2017, 06:28:56 AM »
Thanks!
gives an error message  https://imgur.com/a/dFPoY

uploaded a file from UHD Blu-ray  https://mega.nz/#!j88lWKRK!TZovQkAt87IXDG92AvoammYfJj9xoYOY45wyeHGCYjY

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2017, 06:52:24 PM »
I updated the binary, please try to download again.

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2017, 05:38:41 AM »
can I ask you to provide a version of HEVC_Beta again Please!
link dead

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2017, 03:06:36 AM »
Hi guys,

Thank you for your interest and sorry for delay with that (

At the moment we are improving HEVC editing itself, and as it is not released yet MKV was not added as well. PLease give us 2-4 months and you'll get it.

Regards,
Dmitry
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2017, 08:26:07 PM »
if the container is the problem, has anyone tried using videolan's convert function to convert MKV to MP4?

Tis a quick change of container without re-encoding....Someone please test, thanks
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 08:27:49 PM by ollie »

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2017, 03:49:33 PM »
MKV files with HEVC video codec are regrettably not supported by the product. […] The supported formats are .hevc and .ts files with H265 video codec.
Long time no see. :D
I'm really curious, as to why SMMVS can't open HEVC inside an MKV container, but within a TS container or standalone stream. I don't know why MKV itself should be such an obstacle. Anyway, couldn't you simply auto-demux the file(s) upon load and proceed as planned loading the individual streams instead?

ps: SMMVS should point out, when trying to load any HEVC containing files, that it won't load the file, not because of HEVC, but because of the container. I thought until now the HEVC support was only within the beta, which seemed abandoned. It is also not mentioned in the feature list.

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2017, 04:48:58 PM »
Hello vehf277,

Thank you for file you have sent us.

MKV files with HEVC video codec are regrettably not supported by the product. Therefore it can not be opened in the product. The supported formats are .hevc and .ts files with H265 video codec.
I extracted a HEVC video stream from .mkv and gave it an extension .HEVC. Promgram "sees", yes. Its' a great job to make video splitter for only a video stream, thank you:) I would not publish such a raw program, it's alpha, not beta.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 04:51:25 PM by vehf277 »