Author Topic: Unspecified Error  (Read 62426 times)
  • Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2007, 05:24:12 PM »
Quote from: "dwforslund"
I'm very puzzled about this software.  When I go to the web page it takes me to the Applian site and it appears the same software is being sold there with additional versions.   This is very bothersome as I bought the software from Solveig but now it appears to get updates I would need to purchase it again from Applian.  What is going on here?

Hello dwforslund,
Thank you for the feedback. Please contact us to support@solveigmm.com with your problem.

As to your previous post could you upload us the file to reproduce the issue?
YOu can do that via www.yousendit.com or any else service.
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

dwforslund
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2007, 06:39:23 PM »
I'm very puzzled about this software.  When I go to the web page it takes me to the Applian site and it appears the same software is being sold there with additional versions.   This is very bothersome as I bought the software from Solveig but now it appears to get updates I would need to purchase it again from Applian.  What is going on here?

dwforslund
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2007, 06:30:07 PM »
I get the same error with the latest 1.2.705.4 version.  In fact, I've never been able to successfully split a file with this product.  I tried the 2.0+ beta and it behaved the same (but worse with additional errors on startup and no ability to seek the file).   The errors reported in this thread are exactly what I have happen and have never received a response to my inquiries as to what is the problem and how to fix it.  This occurred with the trial version and with the product after I purchased it.  The product appears to be able to do what I would like, but I've not gotten it to work and there has been no support.  I can't recommend the product to anyone in its current state (at least in my environment: WinXP SP2)

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2007, 05:04:31 AM »
Quote from: "sakkara"
hi,
just trying the trial version of v.1.2.705.7

got a 535mg avi, set a middle section selection, marked the beginning and end sections to delete, hit the Trim button. about 75% through the save i got "the data is invalid. HRESULT :0x8007000d (unspecified error hr=0x80004005)"
:-(

tried another much smaller file, worked ok. is my big file corrupted? if was an FLV i converted to AVI. it has, i believe a vid codec of MFZ0 lossless and audio ADPCM.

thanks

Please write us at support@solveigmm.com to get recent components for checking if they solve the problem.
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2007, 06:18:43 PM »
hi,
just trying the trial version of v.1.2.705.7

got a 535mg avi, set a middle section selection, marked the beginning and end sections to delete, hit the Trim button. about 75% through the save i got "the data is invalid. HRESULT :0x8007000d (unspecified error hr=0x80004005)"
:-(

tried another much smaller file, worked ok. is my big file corrupted? if was an FLV i converted to AVI. it has, i believe a vid codec of MFZ0 lossless and audio ADPCM.

thanks

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2007, 07:57:13 AM »
Quote from: "holden0"
I can't send that file - only the edited version can be public (I ended up using another program).  If there's any other way I can help you diagnose, please let me know.

Hello holden0,
Please describe your action in more details.

For example:
You open WMV file and save WMA track only .
Then you open resulted WMA file and afer pushing "Trim"  you have the following error:
"Can't start trim process ( Unspecified error
HRESULT: 0x80004005)"

Is the Splitter able to play and seek this file?
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2007, 06:41:20 AM »
I can't send that file - only the edited version can be public (I ended up using another program).  If there's any other way I can help you diagnose, please let me know.

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2007, 05:22:41 AM »
Quote from: "holden0"
I have 1.2.705.4

I've only tried it with one file - a WMA that I made from the audio track of a WMV (using Solveig).  I don't need this functionality often, but I'll still buy this if it works, because it's the simplest program I've seen that does both audio/video splitting and splitting of an audio file.

Ok, thank you for info. Could you please uplaud us this wma file for investigation?

You cane make use for that www.yousendit.com service.
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2007, 03:06:49 AM »
I have 1.2.705.4

I've only tried it with one file - a WMA that I made from the audio track of a WMV (using Solveig).  I don't need this functionality often, but I'll still buy this if it works, because it's the simplest program I've seen that does both audio/video splitting and splitting of an audio file.

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 06:53:44 PM »
Hello holden0,
Thank you for the feedback.

First of all the most recent version is 1.2.705.04
Please check whether you have this version.

Do you have the problem with all the files you have or with certain?
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 02:27:22 AM »
I'm having the same problem JohnK had - but I installed this recently, and I have the most recent version (1.2).  Any ideas?  I too have the trial version, but will end up registering if I can get it to work.

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 12:18:39 PM »
It works!

Thanks.  I'm now a registered user.

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 07:39:05 PM »
Hello JohnK,

We have built the new installation:
http://www.solveigmm.com/files/SolveigMM_Video_Splitter_1_2.zip

Please try it, it should solve the problem.
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 07:31:23 AM »
Thanks!

I'm using version 1.2.10.11.   OS is XP SP2.

It happens with all files I've tried; both AVI and WMV.  It happens anytime I click "trim", whether I've added markers or not.  It just always happens.

I'm not sure about "icon" -> "info..."  Here are some filters
1   File Source   6.5.2600.2749   C:\WINDOWS\System32\quartz.dll   
2   Avi Splitter Filter   6.5.2600.2749   C:\WINDOWS\System32\quartz.dll   
3   DivX Decoder Filter   6.1.1.1031   C:\WINDOWS\System32\divxdec.ax   
4   MPEG Layer-3 Decoder   1.5.0.50   C:\WINDOWS\System32\l3codecx.ax   
5   Video Renderer   6.5.2600.2749   C:\WINDOWS\System32\quartz.dll   
6   Default DirectSound Device   6.5.2600.2749   C:\WINDOWS\System32\quartz.dll   

Also

SolveigMM Key Frame Manager Filter   1.1.7.5   registered
SolveigMM Video Editing Engine   1.3.10.10   registered
SolveigMM AVI Trimmer filter         not registered
SolveigMM AVI Writer filter         not registered
SolveigMM ASF Multiplexer      1.0.7.12   registered

Movies play fine in the tool.

Thanks again,
JohnK

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 01:52:23 PM »
Hello JohnK,

Thank you for the feedback.
First of all what version do you use? See this information in about dialog.
Could you also let us know what kind of file (AVI,ASF,WMV) you get this error with and what a stage of trimming this happens in?

Also it would be useful if you post enumerating versions of objects to be used by SolveigMM Video Splitter.

To get this list please call "icon"->"info...", then select all the filters within a dialog to appear, copy an information to a clipboard and past this here.

Thank you for the help.
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia