Author Topic: 2.5 is now out, any idea when mkv support will be added?  (Read 59672 times)
  • Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2013, 05:15:16 PM »
Hello flugal,

Thank you for the porst and please excuse for the delayed answer.

I have been trying to use the program to edit flv files, the edit works, but whenever I open the video with either Media player classic, or windows media player, neither player is able to seek inside the video, in other words, I can not click on the timeline of the video and go further into the video. I can when I open the edited video inside of your editor, but not in my media players. Any clues what could cause that?

Unfortunately I have not reproduced this problem with our files, could you please upload for us your original flv file to any file host service (e.g. dropbox.com or filedropper.com)?
Please specify what start and stop time positions were chosen for your fragements or send the project file (select fragements and go to File -> Save project as).

Thanks.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2013, 05:58:21 AM »
I have been trying to use the program to edit flv files, the edit works, but whenever I open the video with either Media player classic, or windows media player, neither player is able to seek inside the video, in other words, I can not click on the timeline of the video and go further into the video. I can when I open the edited video inside of your editor, but not in my media players. Any clues what could cause that? If I choose to save the file as mp4, then the file works like it should, but if I leave it as the default of resaving as an flv, that's when it messes up on searching through the file. No real biggy since I can save it as an mp4 which works, just thought I should point out the issue.

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2013, 05:42:54 AM »
I don't know how I just now discovered this, but I found that if i click on one of my 'markers' in my timeline, I can click on 'next k frame' or 'previous k frame' and the 'marker' moves with it. That is so totally useful for checking my edits and easily moving them when I am specifically removing title songs that are stuck in different places inside of video files. Never noticed that before but that is one awesome feature! Don't really need buttons to take you to any of the markers because all you have to do is click on any of them, and the video instantly goes to that time in the timeline! You guys are doing amazing work on getting this wonderful program to work on a larger variety of video files! You guys totally rock!

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2013, 08:32:46 PM »
At the moment I don't have any idea how to fix it reasonably

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2013, 07:42:43 AM »
Great work on the addition of "Apply project settings(intervals, selected streams) on opened files".

The new addition is working good so far, but it would be great if buttons were added next to the 'previous k frame' and 'next k frame' directly under the video that says 'previous marker' and 'next marker' so that you could instantly go to the beginning and end of each segment to verify that they line up the same as with the previous episode. It would mean a great deal to those doing many edits across many episodes as I do.  You maybe should simply make the option available under Control tab once you are certain that it works routinely, seems too hidden under 'Preferences' for such a great addition.

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2013, 04:32:22 PM »
Hello flugal 123qazrq
One feature that would be a great thing to incorporate into the programs, would be an option to remember the time codes when editing many episodes or series.  Many times, the episodes have the exact same time edits, like when the titles play in each episode and when the credits start, so it would be great to not have to find all the edit points each time when they are in exactly the same place, or even if they are just off by a bit, its still easier to adjust minor amounts than have to search through each video file again and again and again....

Latest SolveigMM_Video_Splitter_3_7_Beta  has an option to apply project settings (intervals, and selected streams) on opened files.

To enable it  use "Tools->Preferences". Under "Control Tab" check "Apply project settings(intervals, selected streams) on opened files". 

Solveig Multimedia - Video Editing Software

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2011, 04:01:41 AM »
it should be done like this (i guess)

and then

Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2011, 03:33:14 AM »
The link
https://plus.google.com/104987703069613209819
took me to Hypercam 3.3 not Video Splitter of AVI Editor
I have done screen-capture recording with other software, but I have never used Hypercam. Are you wanting me to try that, or was the link wrong?

Well, the system is a bit triky. You should be added to Beta Tester Circle to view a content in this cyrcly. So try to add a page to your cyrcles, then I'll see you and put to Testers circly. Something like that  :)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 04:03:05 AM by Dmitry Vergeles »
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2011, 03:23:31 AM »
I have no idea how you would succeed at doing mutes on audio part
We'll see, technically it's doable.

A small issue that I am having with the 3.0 version, is that if I take and do edits strictly by using key-frame to key-frame,

Well, I suppose in version 3.0 only AVI files can not be edited with frame accuracy. AVCHD,MKV,MOV,MP4,WMV, MPEG-2,MPEG-1 are all supported with frame accuracy editing.

How it looks like from the poin of view of frames is shown in this clip:

So please use Smart mode, and only a few frames in your movie are re-encoded keeping 99% of initial data not altered.

You would have to have a display showing audio waves
Yes , we are working on that as well.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 03:27:57 AM by Dmitry Vergeles »
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2011, 03:07:32 AM »
I have no idea how you would succeed at doing mutes on audio parts, that seems like it would be very difficult to implement, seeing how audio tracks are very easy to get out of sync.  Syncing is one of the most difficult thing that most editors seem to get wrong when they are trying to recompile them.  I know that they frequently use 'audio flags', but timing would really be tricky, such as how to set start and end points on a single word or phrase, because audio I would guess are not spaced in any kind of structure like frames in a video, they are usually fractions of seconds, so I wouldn't even be able to guess how you would get the timing down by looking at a video.  You would have to have a display showing audio waves, with sliders to highlight the points that you would want to cut, like what is done in audio editors like Sound Forge or Audacity. I have used many sound editors, to do things like remove unwanted parts to audio files, removing hissing sounds, convert from wave to mp3, and they can be very time consuming.

It sounds like a very difficult challenge.  I personally have not been too bothered by random cussing in movies, if their was just too much in a movie, I would just pass on it.  I have trained my kids to just ignore bad language.  The problem with nudity in movies, is that seeing it, boys and men (like me), have a hard time getting the images out of our head, so I have edited all of our movies to protect my sons from having the issues that go along with being exposed to nudity.

A small issue that I am having with the 3.0 version, is that if I take and do edits strictly by using key-frame to key-frame, the edits are spot on, but if I try to make edits where I would prefer the edit to be (such as not to loose too much story around a nude scene starting-ending), if I go by time-frame (fractions of seconds between key-frames), the resulting edits get parts left behind that were selected to be removed.  I am very familiar with key-frames and there limitations for most editors, but the odd thing is, when I attempt to do the edits, some of the frames just before even a key-frame get left in, in other-wards, information that was between key-frames gets left in the video - such as a few frames of a nude scene get left in the resulting video. "Frame Accuracy Smart Mode"  too me causes me to believe that I could actually get some better ability to edit between key-frames (don't even know how that might be possible without re-encode - but I'm all for it  ;D ).  I don't know if the time-line edits are getting a little off after being sent to 'trim' because of time-codes being in-between key-frames.  I have multi-checked my edits to verify times are right, so it's not an error in my edits, just an error in compiling the trims.  Like I was saying, I tried both ways with the exact same video file (key-frame to key-frame only - and attempting to do edits between key-frames - and tried with some of both).

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2011, 02:21:29 AM »
The link
https://plus.google.com/104987703069613209819
took me to Hypercam 3.3 not Video Splitter of AVI Editor
I have done screen-capture recording with other software, but I have never used Hypercam. Are you wanting me to try that, or was the link wrong?

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2011, 12:36:13 AM »
Hi  flugal,

Thank you very much for your suggestions and explanations. For parrentat advisory we are going also add adio mute feature to be able to erase some rude speaches.
And I know that most parrents are forced to be video editors these days  ;D

Anyway I've just launched G+ group to interact with our betatesters. could you please subcribe to have latest updates and descriprions?
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2011, 03:30:59 PM »
Hello flugal 123qazrq,

I can not seem to figure out how to contact you directly.  When I click on your profile, an option to send private message does not appear.  All other boards that I am on, you can, so maybe I am just missing something. If you can let me know how to send you a message directly, I can give you my personal information.

Please cotact us via support(at)solveigmm(dot)com.

By the way, to send private message to the forum user, just go to the user profile and click on the small envelope picture.

The beta version that I am using, by the way, is not displaying actual shots from the movies, just looks like about the size of maybe that part of an image from screen in the movie - 1/2"by 1".  I know it should display an actual screen from the video file, but it's not, and if I move through the timeline of the movies, they are not changing.    I have tried with many different video files, but I just can't seem to get it to work.  I don't know if you have ever tried TMPGenc Video Mastering Works (it only does re-encodes), but there timeline with images is extremely well done, and I think that is what you are after with your timeline images.

This feature will work in the release of Video Splitter 3.0 verison. It is not working properly in this beta version.

Another good feature that would be good to implement, is additional arrow buttons that you could use to "fast forward" and "backwards" in a video file. Make them click-able multiple times to increase the speed forward or backwards at variable speeds - 1 click +2X, 2 clicks +3X, 3 clicks +4x...(not sure exactly what speeds would be best, maybe if I had access to a demo that would give me an option of choosing multipliers to play with adjusting to see what speed increases are optimal, or maybe it could be in the options for an individual to set their own multipliers per click, which would probably be even sweeter!) and then clicking the play or pause button would return back to normal speed in forward mode.  The advantages of this is if you know what scene you are looking for, you can find it more quickly and easier than trying to hole the timeline and sliding it, because the variable speed controls would go through the file much more smoothly than with a mouse.  Its a feature in tmpgenc that works very well, and it would be a great addition to yours as well.

I think it is useful feature. Probably we will implement it in future releases.
Many thanks fo all your suggestions.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 04:21:24 PM by Olga Krovyakova »
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2011, 05:35:29 AM »
Another good feature that would be good to implement, is additional arrow buttons that you could use to "fast forward" and "backwards" in a video file. Make them click-able multiple times to increase the speed forward or backwards at variable speeds - 1 click +2X, 2 clicks +3X, 3 clicks +4x...(not sure exactly what speeds would be best, maybe if I had access to a demo that would give me an option of choosing multipliers to play with adjusting to see what speed increases are optimal, or maybe it could be in the options for an individual to set their own multipliers per click, which would probably be even sweeter!) and then clicking the play or pause button would return back to normal speed in forward mode.  The advantages of this is if you know what scene you are looking for, you can find it more quickly and easier than trying to hole the timeline and sliding it, because the variable speed controls would go through the file much more smoothly than with a mouse.  Its a feature in tmpgenc that works very well, and it would be a great addition to yours as well.