Author Topic: VideoSplitter Imprecision  (Read 14453 times)
  • Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 07:02:10 AM »
Quote from: "Jacko"

Thank you for answering so fast.
How long will it take to have this new feature?

It's hard to say exactly since depends on a lot of things, now it is estimated to be implemented in within nearest three months.
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 08:58:06 AM »
Quote from: "Dmitry Vergeles"
Hi, I have a lot of avi files in divx5 format and I'd like to remove commercials. I used trial version of videosplitter, but it has the SAME problem of Virtual Dub: cuts are not precise.
So, in the final output file I always find a few seconds (2-3) of commercials between a fragment and the following one.
K-frames are 5 seconds far form each other; if use them as beginning or ending point for my cuts I'll remove a few seconds of the movie, and not only commercials!

Please Help me

Dear Jacko,

Thank you for your questions. You are right, despite SolveigMM Video Splitter supports now frame accurate editing for MPEG-2 files, K-frame accuracy for AVI sill remains.

Here is a technical description why it happens:
http://elecard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5606#5606

We promised our customers to add frame accurate editing support for WMV and AVI and these features are sill in the feature schedule.

Thank you for answering so fast.
How long will it take to have this new feature?

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 05:57:18 AM »
Hi, I have a lot of avi files in divx5 format and I'd like to remove commercials. I used trial version of videosplitter, but it has the SAME problem of Virtual Dub: cuts are not precise.
So, in the final output file I always find a few seconds (2-3) of commercials between a fragment and the following one.
K-frames are 5 seconds far form each other; if use them as beginning or ending point for my cuts I'll remove a few seconds of the movie, and not only commercials!

Please Help me

Dear Jacko,

Thank you for your questions. You are right, despite SolveigMM Video Splitter supports now frame accurate editing for MPEG-2 files, K-frame accuracy for AVI sill remains.

Here is a technical description why it happens:
http://elecard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5606#5606

We promised our customers to add frame accurate editing support for WMV and AVI and these features are sill in the feature schedule.
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 07:51:25 PM »

Please Help me