Author Topic: Version 2 still crashes with some .wmv files  (Read 16126 times)
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 09:58:33 AM »
It certainly fixed the problem for that particular file - thank you. And thank you also for your prompt responses to my messages. I will of course let you know if the problem crops up again.

Hugo Patten

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 02:29:36 PM »
Quote from: "hjpatten"
I have sent the file as you requested. I simulated an actual work requirement and was attempting to cut out these fragments:

00:00.00 - 00:03.22
03:13.32 - 03:19.28
06:27.19 - 06.30.56

Thank you for the file. There are some problems with audio, but the problem san be solved by switching control->Ignore Trimming Error.

In fact we switch this feature internally for some known errors but that seems to be a knew one:) we will add to a list it as not to show an error for.

Thank you for your help.
Please let me know if it fix a problem on your side.
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 02:01:46 PM »
I have sent the file as you requested. I simulated an actual work requirement and was attempting to cut out these fragments:

00:00.00 - 00:03.22
03:13.32 - 03:19.28
06:27.19 - 06.30.56

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 09:38:36 AM »
Quote from: hjpatten
Dear Dmitry:

I think the design of your Video Splitter is brilliant, but it still has some deficiencies. To try to solve a problem I have encountered, I upgraded from V1 to V2.  Unfortunately the program still does not work - it almost always crashes when I try to split  *.wmv files created by this program.

WM Player has no problems playing them, so I presume the converted files are in a valid format. The files are always ones I have converted from *.rm format. Here are screen captures of the alldj converter, and the Video splitter after it has crashed:

When I re-run the program with exactly the same input file, it does not necessarily crash at the same point every time, and for some files sometimes actually completes without error. This suggests an instability rather than a systemic error in your coding. I shall be grateful if you can look into this for me. It works fine with *.avi files, but they are not what I need.

Hello hjpatten,
Thank you for detailed description.
Could you send us a file you have the problem with.
For example - 026.wmv to be used on screenshot.
you can use www.yousendit.com service
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 01:19:56 PM by Maxim.Sakhankov »
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 10:05:13 PM »
Dear Dmitry:

I think the design of your Video Splitter is brilliant, but it still has some deficiencies. To try to solve a problem I have encountered, I upgraded from V1 to V2.  Unfortunately the program still does not work - it almost always crashes when I try to split  *.wmv files created by this program.

WM Player has no problems playing them, so I presume the converted files are in a valid format. The files are always ones I have converted from *.rm format. Here are screen captures of the alldj converter, and the Video splitter after it has crashed:

When I re-run the program with exactly the same input file, it does not necessarily crash at the same point every time, and for some files sometimes actually completes without error. This suggests an instability rather than a systemic error in your coding. I shall be grateful if you can look into this for me. It works fine with *.avi files, but they are not what I need.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 01:20:12 PM by Maxim.Sakhankov »