Author Topic: Native MTS clips from Canon AVCHD camcorder will not load  (Read 15825 times)
  • Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 09:32:07 PM »
Hi WorBry,

Thank you for your reply and glad to hear that the issue is fixed.

There was the bug in the previous version with opening of video track of some mts files.

Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 01:13:31 PM »
Hi Olga,

Yes, with that beta version, MTS clips from my HF-G10, as well sample clips I had from HF-G30 and HF-S20 camcorders will all now load.

Do you still want me to upload a sample file ?

Thanks.

Edit: And, out of interest, what was the problem with these files? 
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 01:00:17 AM by WorBry »

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 04:05:45 AM »
Hello WorBry,

Thank you for your post.
Please try to use the version at the link below. Will it fix this issue?
http://solveigmm.com/files/SolveigMM_Video_Splitter_Home_Edition_5_0_1503_23_Beta.exe

If not could you please upload the sample MTS file from your camcoder to any file host service, e.g. Google drive or Dropbox.com?

Please specify if you get any error messages on such files opening in Video Splitter.

Thank you in advance.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 03:16:35 PM »
You most certainly will.

Thanks. Well, it's nice to receive a reply from someone at least, and I'm glad you have confidence that I will eventually receive a response from the developers because I find it a bit puzzling that I haven't.

But I would not necessarily expect the developers to have exactly that kind of equipment.

No, but in stating that Video Splitter supports AVCHD files and providing a list of 'famous' camcorder models that support that format, including the Canon HF-G10, one would think that the developers would have at least tested representative sample clips from those models listed to ensure compatibility.

http://www.solveigmm.com/en/faq/avchd-camcorders/

I also tested some native mts clips from a Canon HF-S20, which is basically the same as the HF-S21 model listed on that page, as well as clips from a Canon HF-G30, which is Canon's current flagship model and an upgrade to the HF-G10, and none of those clips would load either. So clearly, this is not a model-specific issue and possibly applies to the entire series of Canon AVCHD camcorders.

A short MTS clip (provided e.g. via some upload service) showing that effect might be helpful.

I will be happy to oblige if that's what the developers request, when or if they reply. 

Coming here was the right choice.

Hope so.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 04:31:51 PM by WorBry »

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 12:15:09 PM »
You most certainly will. But I would not necessarily expect the developers to have exactly that kind of equipment. A short MTS clip (provided e.g. via some upload service) showing that effect might be helpful.

ps: The D9 thread is more of a news thread, than about bug reports. So do not expect updates on the issue over there. Coming here was the right choice.

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 01:58:03 PM »
Hi,

Evaluating the demo version Video Splitter 5, I find that MTS clips from three Canon AVCHD camcorder models (HF-G10, HF-G30 and HF-S20) will not load. MTS clips from three Panasonic models (TM700, TM900, Lumix G6) load OK, as do the Canon clips after re-muxing to MP4 or MKV.

So what's the problem with the Canon MTS files?

I also posted on this issue on the Doom9 forum:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1714426#post1714426

I'm hoping I'll get a response from SolveigMM here.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 03:33:23 PM by WorBry »