Author Topic: Bug report in Video Splitter 3.7  (Read 86651 times)
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2013, 12:33:12 AM »
Strange, because this is what's happening when I do it: https://vimeo.com/76210261
(should be ready within an hour or so; vimeo seems to be slow at converting)

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2013, 11:44:58 PM »
Hello zeroFX,

I've tested this and unfortuntaly have not reproduced. If after saving at the first time using "Save All Fragments As…" select "Save audio track only" then with the next trimming operations this setting stay enabled in the Save as... dialog box.

Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2013, 10:30:49 PM »
Uh, sry, my fault. The description was inaccurate: It happens after using "Save All Fragments As…" and selecting audio (or video) only. Any save (or trim) after that does not indicate the disabled state of the video stream. Tested with the current .19 beta, but as said I recall that behaviour with earlier versions, too.
The result of such action would still be an MKV container, though containing only the before selected stream, e.g. audio only MKV. I don't think this is wad.

When saving a single audio-… or video-only segment it works as you say and as it should.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 10:38:20 PM by zeroFX »

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2013, 09:48:26 PM »
Hello zeroFX,

Thank you for your post.

What Video Splitter version do you use?

Regrettably I've not noticed such issue in the beta version of Video Splitter (3. 7. 1309. 19).
I've disabled video stream for the first saved fragment and when I then save another fragment in the same project the Save as... dialog box shows that only the audio stream will be saved (the checkbox "Audio only" is activated).

Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2013, 01:48:33 AM »
A more cosmetic thing: If you selected to save the audio stream only and later in the same project want to save another selection, it does not indicate (in the save prompt) that the video stream is still disabled, although it is shown as not selected in the Controls menu.
I don't do this very often, as I usually use the batch manager, but I remember this behaviour occured in earlier versions as well. It confuses me from time to time, though.

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2013, 07:27:13 PM »
but is there a technical reason for this?
No,  It's just not implemented yet.
Solveig Multimedia - Video Editing Software

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2013, 01:57:45 AM »
It works not for all formats. Actually only for AVI and WMV files.

Yes, for TS, and MKV with AVC1 and MPEG2 video codecs this tab is not used.
Ah, that explains that. ^^ Maybe a little Note in the options dialouge page for the option could inform the user of that (current?) limitation.
I hope this is not to off topic (if so just delete/ignore this), but is there a technical reason for this?
Don't get me wrong, everything is working fine so far. I just have some "reservations" towards elecard and their codecs, dating back to earlier times of the company.

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2013, 10:34:43 PM »
Hello zeroFX,

This tab is used to set preferred encoder and decoder for smart trimming operation (reencoding part of file ) when frame accurate editing is enabled.
It works not for all formats. Actually only for AVI and WMV files.

Yes, for TS, and MKV with AVC1 and MPEG2 video codecs this tab is not used.

Solveig Multimedia - Video Editing Software

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2013, 02:16:39 PM »
Well, no special need for now. I wanted to use it back when the problem was present, that the splitter produced files, that did not work well with players using ffmpeg (VLC, e.g.). I thought that this might help. But -though I don't see any desperate need for it now- what was it originally intended to be used for?

As with any previous version, there are two lists: Encoders / decoders (left) and Prefferred codecs (right). No matter what I selected, I never saw an entry after Chosen Codes. Or any available codec in the list Encoders / decores, if Show filters for current file format was enabled. On the other hand I use the Video Splitter for only TS and MKV files, so maybe that feature is not intended for users like me at all . (:
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 02:19:03 PM by zeroFX »

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2013, 10:30:44 PM »
Hello zeroFX,

Has there always been an option to select the renderer? That's also nice!
-> The selection for smart mode codec still seems to be pointless. It only "works" if forced, but the output files have the same hashes, regardless which codec is selected.
Could you please let us know for what you need to use this feature?
If the codec is not changed in the "Choosen codecs" list then it can't be used for this file.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

holgermh
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2013, 09:48:59 PM »
Hi,

Filemask fine now!

Thanks!

Kind Regards

Holger

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2013, 06:58:02 AM »
Wow, that was fast! :D
Yes, indeed both errors seem to be fixed. Excellent! I dislike using outdated versions. Has there always been an option to select the renderer? That's also nice!
-> The selection for smart mode codec still seems to be pointless. It only "works" if forced, but the output files have the same hashes, regardless which codec is selected.

ps: I tried both, beta 18 and 19.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 07:09:02 AM by zeroFX »

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2013, 11:20:56 PM »
Hello zeroFX, holgermh,

Please try to use the latest version with fixed bug of Video Splitter crashing when select another video/audio stream. The bug with saving settings for output file mask was also fixed.

http://solveigmm.com/files/SolveigMM_Video_Splitter_3_7_1309_18_Beta.exe

Please let us know what will be your result.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 11:25:56 PM by Olga Krovyakova »
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2013, 12:22:00 AM »
Hello zeroFX,

Thank you for your post and sample file.

The problem was reproduced, will will fix it shortly.

Please keep an eye on this thread for news.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2013, 05:49:29 AM »
There is also a bug that crashes the Video Splitter in all versions (as far as I could test) after v3.7.1308.2.Beta, when trying to change the language on MKVs containing two languages (did not try with more).
The error message says: "Encountered an improper argument." - Then the usual Windows problem message comes up and that's it.

The error does not occur with: v3.6.1301.16, ..., v3.7.1304.29.Beta, ..., v3.7.1308.2.Beta;
But with (at least): ..., 3.6.1308.22, ..., v3.6.1309.3, ..., v3.7.1309.12.Beta, ...

Tested with dual audio MKV, containing french MP2 192 kbits/s + german AC3 448 kbit/s. Sample: http://www71.zippyshare.com/v/29467299/file.html
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 05:56:21 AM by zeroFX »