Author Topic: Video Splitter 2.4/MPC-HC  (Read 18820 times)
  • Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2011, 07:26:32 PM »
Ok, Nuser.

Thank you for noticed this.

It happens because this products use common components.

The way to avoid this problem at present time is to uninstall then install products you would like to use.

Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 06:16:39 PM »
Hello Olga
Yes, I have the Avi trimmer installed.
Please notice that I only wrote about the problem to inform you.
I actually have no interest in this problem, since I use the v2.4 splitter.
Best regards
Nuser

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 12:35:25 PM »
Hello Nuser,

Thank you for your description.

Could you please tell us if you have other SolveigMM programs installed with Video Splitter, may be Plugin, HyperCam or AVI Trimmer?

If yes,  then please try to uninstall all the products,  uninstall the Splitter and then install it again.

If the problem remains, there will  be the message that "SMM_ASF_Trimmer.ax" is missing,  then the most probably smth wrong was during the uninstallation and you need to do delete this file manually by going to "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Solveig Multimedia".

Even if you have not other installed products and reinstalling will not help then please do it manually as it described upwards.  After all please try to install the Splitter.

Please let us know what will  be your result.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 02:50:18 PM by Olga Krovyakova »
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 02:19:43 AM »
Hello Olga
I don't understand.....
I had v2.4 installed but wanted to try if v2.3 had the same behaviour.
I installed v2.3 without errors, except for the usual questions "do you want to replace the file with an older version". I chose no.
Uninstall of v2.4 also ran without errors.
Then I started the splitter, but it didn't work, telling me that "SMM_ASF_Trimmer.ax" was missing.
I tried a re-install. No sucess.
Then I took the "SMM_ASF_Trimmer.ax" from v2.4 and registrated it manually, and everything was fine.
Best regards
Nuser

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 04:20:24 PM »
Hello Nuser,

Thank you for your posts.

"SMM_ASF_Trimmer.ax" component should be only in Video Splitter 2.4 beta.

We have not noticed described problem yet, will make additional tests.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 08:07:49 PM »
Well, I have now done some additional splitting of wmv/wvc1 files and this problem is obviously not common.
Actually, I could only find 2 files that had this problem.
I tried with the latest v2.3 splitter. Exactly the same result as with the v2.4 splitter.
v2.3 has an installation bug, SMM_ASF_Trimmer.ax is not installed, and I had to take it from v2.4.
I tried with different media players. Only the MPC-HC will not play the trimmed file properly.
I use the second-latest MPC-HC, since they screwed up the .mkv header flag reading in the latest version.
I don't know if this is a Solveigmm, or a MPC-HC issue, but it is obviously not a major problem,
so I have solved the problem by deleting the 2 files  ;D

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 07:10:34 PM »
When I split .wmv files with WVC1 codec, the MPC-HC player will not play the splitted file from the start (it remains on the first frame). If the time cursor is moved to anywhere else than the start, the file will play. I have not experienced this with any non-splitted files. Neither have I had this problem with previous versions of the Solveigmm video splitter. VLC media player will play the file from the start, but this player is useless, because it has no DXVA1 feature. Are you aware of this problem, or do I need to supply further informations? Best regards, Nuser