Author Topic: Frequently Asked Questions  (Read 121287 times)
  • Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 05:29:47 PM »
How to gather codec information installed on your PC.

It can be done via DXDIAG utility.
For this just call Windows "Start"->"Run"->dxdiag. After utility finish PC scanning (in a half of minute) push "Save All information" button and save the resulted txt file.
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 11:20:12 AM »
Preview does not operate
Q:->I get this message when I add a file to the software "Cannot find video decoder for preview (XVID), but trimming should be OK" What do I need to do to fix this problem?
A:->This message caused by an absence of XVID or whatever decoder on your PC. If you download and install it, preview should get started to work.
You can download the necessary codec at the link below:
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/FFDShow.htm

Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 05:54:27 AM »
Inaccurate trimming

Q:->The start time does not coincide with the assumed begin time; its off by 5 to 10 seconds sometimes. The end time is perfectly correct. What may cause this inaccuracy?
A:-> Such a behaveour can be encountered with SolveigMM AVI Trimmer, SolveigMM WMP Trimmer Plugin, SolveigMM Video Splitter

These products operate with K-Frame accuracy for AVI,WMV,ASF files.
Video sequence encoded usually consists of groups of pictures (GOP). GOP consists of Key frame (that is first one in GOP) and delta frames. Key frame is encoded independently as a statical picture but delta frames are predicted from K frame and can't be decoded without K frame.

Thus to provide a user with fast and a video quality lossless video editing, our products fulfill trimming tasks with K Frame accuracy.
That means that all output fragments will be started with K frame as depicted below.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 05:56:46 AM by Dmitry Vergeles »
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 05:48:10 AM »
Problem with uninstallation on Vista

Q:->I have tried to uninstall the product, but it keeps telling me that Windows Media Player needs to be closed before it can be uninstalled.  I am running Vista  OS and I can assure you that media player is not open.
A:-> Really, such a problem can arise on Vista OS and caused by Windows Media Player behaveour. Though it is closed, Windows Media Network service is running and locks SolveigMM WMP Trimmer plugin.
This trouble can be experienced while uninstalling either SolveigMM AVI Trimmer (with SolveigMM WMP Trimmer Plugin) or SolveigMM WMP Trimmer Plugin installed separately.

In case you have AVI Trimmer and can’t uninstall it you can try the following:
- Download the “Uninstall.exe” file from here http://www.solveigmm.com/files/SolveigMM_AVI_Trimmer_uninstall_fix.zip ,
- Extract it and replace the original Uninstall.exe with the extracted one (don’t forget to make backup copy of the original file first), then try to uninstall.
By default Uninstall.exe is stored in Program Files\Solveig Multimedia\SolveigMM Avi Trimmer or you can see the location in START ->All Programs.

If it doesn’t help try the following steps:
#1 - Delete manually this service and a process named “wmpnscfg.exe” in Windows Task Manager and try to uninstall again.
#2 - When uninstaller says that Windows Media Player is running, reboot the PC, and start uninstallation not starting Windows Media Player.
#3 - Uninstallation in safe mode. To boot OS in safe mode push F8 after the splash screen on reboot.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 09:45:59 AM by Dmitry Vergeles »
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia