Author Topic: AVI Trimmer Installation Issue Win7 Pro, 64 bit  (Read 20378 times)
  • Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 04:27:44 PM »
Hello BobS,

Thank you for the detailed description.

This problem was probably caused by some Antivirus program.

Please try to  switch it off while you will be downloading and installing AVI Trimmer + MKV.

Download the installation file of AVI Trimmer with turned off your Antivrus program and try to install it.

http://www.solveigmm.com/en/products/avi-trimmer-mkv/#Download

Could you please let us know if it will help you and please specify what Antivirus program do you use?
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 04:12:57 AM »
Dmitry,

I am unable to figure out how to attach a screen shot of the error message.  I’ve tried to attach both a .gif and a .jpg version, but it just doesn't work.  File size is not the issue.  The files are only 8 kB or 30 kB.  This is my first attempt to use a forum.  The error message box is 3.8 cm wide and 4.4 cm high. There is a light blue border surrounding a white and gray interior.   In the upper right of the border there is a small X for exiting.  To the left of the x are the words "File not found".  On the white part of the interior is a large x in a red circle.  In the gray part of the interior at bottom right is a rectangular "OK" button.  The error message provides no other information.  Clicking either the little x in the upper right or the “OK” button makes the error message disappear.  Clicking elsewhere in the error message box has no effect.  When the error message disappears, there is no remaining indication of the attempt to install the AVI trimmer.

Sorry.

Bob S

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 03:32:10 AM »
Dmitry,

The error message pops up as soon as I click on the .exe file to install the AVI trimmer.  The next screen, on which the user selects a language, does not appear.  (I know that is the next screen because I successfully installed the software this afternoon on my wife's computer running Windows XP.)

Thanks.

Bob S

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 03:17:16 PM »
Olga,

I've tried AVI Trimmer + MKV 2.0 downloaded from the link you provided.  I get the same error message:  "File not found."  Since others don't seem to have this problem, I am starting to suspect a defect in my installation of Windows.   Perhaps some file that AVI Trimmer needs is missing.  This is just a guess. 
Thanks for trying.
                          Bob S

Hi Bob,
Could you please post a screenshot of the error, and what stage that arises at?
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 07:52:53 AM »
Olga,

I've tried AVI Trimmer + MKV 2.0 downloaded from the link you provided.  I get the same error message:  "File not found."  Since others don't seem to have this problem, I am starting to suspect a defect in my installation of Windows.   Perhaps some file that AVI Trimmer needs is missing.  This is just a guess. 

Thanks for trying.

Bob S

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 06:48:46 PM »
Hello Bob,

Please try to install the recently released AVI Trimmer + MKV 2.0 available from the link:

http://www.solveigmm.com/en/products/avi-trimmer-mkv/#Download

Could you please let us know if the problem remains?
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 10:51:21 AM »
I've tried repeatedly to install SolveigMM_AVI_Trimmer_2_0_1106_20_Beta on my Windows 7 Pro, 64 Bit computer.  I get a little square error box that says "File not found."  I've downloaded several times from different sites and all downloads have exactly the same file size.  What am I doing wrong?  The then-current version installed and worked perfectly several years ago on my Windows XP Home, 32 bit computer.

Thanks.

Bob S