Author Topic: using mkv trimmer, if edit something out in middle, lose audio at end of video  (Read 43088 times)
  • Users
    • View Profile
Must be my problem only then! Thanks for replying :)

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
Hello Hacker?pcs,

Thank you for file.

We have tested it on Windows XP and Windwows 7 PCs but unfortunately have not noticed any problems with sound in the trimmed file in VLC or MPC.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
OK, I have searched more for the problem. Firstly here is the original file:
https://rapidshare.com/files/2599197155/Pana8hnaikos.vs.Do3a.Dramas.B.hmixrono.mkv

I want 1 fragment from 00:42:56:968 to 00:44:55:314. I tried cutting that on my Windows 7 PC with K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 8.2.0
https://rapidshare.com/files/3920192443/Pana8hnaikos.vs.Do3a.Dramas.B.hmixrono_Trimmed_7.mkv
and if I play it with VLC it stops at 1:29 of the total 2:03 of the trimmed file BUT with the MPC bundled with K-Lite

the file sound plays correctly from 1:29 and beyond.

I have a virtual machine with VMware that have Windows XP on it. I tried the same procedure
https://rapidshare.com/files/1361202572/Pana8hnaikos.vs.Do3a.Dramas.B.hmixrono_Trimmed_XP.mkv
and the sound on the output file played correctly both on VLC and MPC!
So something goes wrong with VLC on Windows 7 or something only on my PC :D

I use only RapidShare after the MegaUpload fiasco when I lost 200GB of uploaded sport retro videos.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 04:17:43 AM by Hacker?pcs »

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
Hello Hacker?pcs,

Thank you for your file,  but unfortunately we can not reproduce the bug on this file. The reason probably in that it was created by mkvmerge.

Could you please send us the original file? You can use dropbox.com which comes with 2 GB free space for file sharing.

Could you please also specify what  filters do Windows Player Classic has if this file opening?

You can see this in Play-> Filters menu and in filters's properties:

Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello Hacker?pcs,

Could you please specify if the initial file plays correctly in AVI Trimmer + MKV or any players? May be you have noticed desync while this initial file playback?

It will be also very helpful for us if you could upload the initial file e.g. to dropbox.com. And please specify start ans stop positions of fragment(s) were chosen for the output file.
Here is the file:
https://rapidshare.com/files/1796440829/Pana8hnaikos.vs.Do3a.Dramas.B.hmixrono__1_.mkv
It isn't the original one, I cut it with mkvmerge GUI to make it smaller.
It can be played correctly both with VLC and Media Player Classic that is bundled with K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 8.2.0.
No there isn't any desync at original file's playback neither in above players nor in AVI Trimmer's interface.
I chose only 1 fragment (the goal) from 00:01:57:476 to 00:03:53:861 and I lose audio from 1:31 of the trimmed video which is 2:05 long.
BUT
This may be a very minor problem because if I extract video and audio streams with MKVExtractGUI and mux them back together with mkvmerge GUI, the audio is back in place with no problems. So there must be something wrong with your MKV muxer (SolveigMM Matroska Muxer Version 1.0.1110.11).
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 11:04:20 AM by Hacker?pcs »

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
Hello Hacker?pcs,

Could you please specify if the initial file plays correctly in AVI Trimmer + MKV or any players? May be you have noticed desync while this initial file playback?

It will be also very helpful for us if you could upload the initial file e.g. to dropbox.com. And please specify start ans stop positions of fragment(s) were chosen for the output file.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for replying, I hope for a fix soon.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 11:54:32 PM by Hacker?pcs »

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
Hello Hacker?pcs,

Unfortunately we are still working on this problem.

I will report here when we will fix it.

Thanks for your patience.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi again, is there an ETA on the fix?

• Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for your reply, I hope a fix be released as soon as possible because your program is very handy and quick (no re-encoding) and it's a shame to have minor problems like these.

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
Hello Hacker?pcs,

Thank you for your report.

The problem was reproduced, we will try to fix it in near future.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
When using mkv trimmer, if edit something out in middle, lose audio at end of video for about last 45 seconds.  I take cartoons that I download off the internet that are in mkv format - single audio (a_aac) and I edit out the repeat in each episode (the title sequence), and the credits.
I have the exact same problem with mkv h264/aac files. I use K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 8.1.0 + K-Lite Codec Pack 64-bit 5.6.0. Shouldn't be a codec problem because I can cut the files properly with mkvmerge GUI.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 04:55:34 AM by Hacker?pcs »

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
Hello flugal,

Tried to reproduce your problem with installed Combined Community Codec Pack 2011-06-26,  but with no  success.

Could you please send us screenshots of Combined Community Codec Pack settings? (to support(at)solveigmm(dot)com)

Do you have any other installed codec packes on the PC, where the problem arises?

Thank you in advance.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
It would have been the Combined Community Codec Pack 2011-06-26, which was the last one before the newest release.  The other computer had 2010-10-10 installed. I also have the AC3 codec 1.63b intalled, but not on the other system.

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
I went to
http://www.cccp-project.net/
and they just released a newer version of the combined community codec pack
on 11 11 11, and that fixed the audio issue.
Don't know what codec pack others use, but this one has worked well for me.

Could you tell us what pack di you use, to try to repeate the issue?
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia