Author Topic: Frequently Asked Question  (Read 51972 times)
  • Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 06:56:04 PM »
Probem with VOB files trimming

Q:-> When I open VOB file in Windows Media Player,  it says "The file has zero duration" and WMP Trimmmer Plugin therefore can't trim it.

A:-> Try to rename your VOB file before editing. For example from My_file.VOB  to My_file.MPG
Then open it in Windows Media Player.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 06:58:26 PM by Olga Krovyakova »
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 04:34:29 AM »
How to register  plug-in with activation key:

Q:->How to register  plug-in with activation key I was provided wafter purchasing
A:-> to register WMP-Trimmer plugin please do the actions as follows:
#1 Press Start button on task pane. Select Programs->Solveig Multimedia->SolveigMM WMP Trimmer Plugin ->Registration. Registrator window will appear
#2 Select SolveigMM WMP Trimmer Plugin from enumerated products
#3 Press "Activate" button and enter your serial number, then press OK button
#4 Registration completed.

Here is also detailed step-by-step how to:
How to register SolveigMM WMP Trimmer Plugin
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 07:23:32 AM by Dmitry Vergeles »
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 07:59:49 AM »
Inaccurate trimming

Q:->The start time does not coincide with the assumed begin time; its off by 5 to 10 seconds sometimes. The end time is perfectly correct. What may cause this inaccuracy?
A:-> Such a behaveour can be encountered with SolveigMM AVI Trimmer, SolveigMM WMP Trimmer Plugin, SolveigMM Video Splitter

These products operate with K-Frame accuracy for AVI,WMV,ASF files.
Video sequence encoded usually consists of groups of pictures (GOP). GOP consists of Key frame (that is first one in GOP) and delta frames. Key frame is encoded independently as a statical picture but delta frames are predicted from K frame and can't be decoded without K frame.

Thus to provide a user with fast and a video quality lossless video editing, our products fulfill trimming tasks with K Frame accuracy.
That means that all output fragments will be started with K frame as depicted below.

Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 05:44:37 AM »
Problem with uninstallation on Vista

Q:->I have tried to uninstall the product, but it keeps telling me that Windows Media Player needs to be closed before it can be uninstalled.  I am running Vista  OS and I can assure you that media player is not open.
A:-> Really, such a problem can arise on Vista OS and caused by Windows Media Player behaveour. Though it is closed, Windows Media Network service is running and locks SolveigMM WMP Trimmer plugin.
This trouble can be experienced while uninstalling either SolveigMM AVI Trimmer (with SolveigMM WMP Trimmer Plugin) or SolveigMM WMP Trimmer Plugin installed separately.

There are two solutions:
#1 - Manually delete this service in Windows Task Manager and try to uninstall again.
#2 - When uninstallator says that Windows Media Player is running, reboot the PC, and start unintallation not starting Windows Media Player
#3 - Uninstallation in safe mode. To boot OS in safe mode push F8 after the splash screen on reboot.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 07:25:00 AM by Dmitry Vergeles »
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia