Author Topic: 7.0 not working with external srt subtitle and generate empty srt file  (Read 34546 times)
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2022, 06:08:25 PM »
Hello Marty,

Thank you, I've received files and reproduced the issue at our end.
We should investigate it.
As soon as there will be any news on it, we will let you know.

Thanks !

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2022, 05:52:58 PM »
Hello Marty,

Thank you, I've received files and reproduced the issue at our end.
We should investigate it.
As soon as there will be any news on it, we will let you know.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2022, 05:19:59 PM »
Dear Marty,

Could you please resend your email as we have not found it?
Thank you!

i resent it through private message in the forum, hoping you'll get it. Thanks.

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2022, 05:06:25 PM »
Dear Marty,

Could you please resend your email as we have not found it?
Thank you!
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2022, 05:09:13 PM »
Hello Marty,

Thank you for you reply.
Most likely the reason for the hang is now different.
Could you please upload for us the input file and the project file?
You can use as usual any file host service, e.g. Google drive (drive.google.com) or Wetransfer.com.

file / mail sent to the support link. thanks ;) !

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2022, 04:28:28 PM »
Hello Marty,

Thank you for you reply.
Most likely the reason for the hang is now different.
Could you please upload for us the input file and the project file?
You can use as usual any file host service, e.g. Google drive (drive.google.com) or Wetransfer.com.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2022, 02:53:32 PM »
Hello Marty,

The issue below was fixed in the released Video Splitter 7.6.2201.27 version, please download it here:
https://www.solveigmm.com/en/products/video-splitter/

Just tried the video file of my project told in the previous post by redoing the whole cut without using the project : it Hangs on the same part :(.. I hit cancel, and Software crashed. :(
I reloead the backup, removed the subtitle track from the stream selection, and the cut went ok. :(

Edit : other project went fine, so maybe related to an issue with the subtitle track ?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 03:03:12 PM by Marty »

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2022, 02:27:37 PM »
Hello Marty,

The issue below was fixed in the released Video Splitter 7.6.2201.27 version, please download it here:

hi, just loaded a project which was crashing before in the previous version. Noticed that in the stream, the subtitle was "unchecked", so checked it again. did a new cut on it, and .. it's hanging at part 5 on 8... (didn't checked yet the cut with a file not using project..). that would mean that starting from a project musn't be done ? (and so i'll have to redo all the cuts done on projects that i saved in the past waiting that it will be fixed). it's just to be sure, redoing all the cuts are not a big deal, it's just to be sure.

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2022, 02:00:44 PM »
Hello Marty,

1) When you load a project with an external subtitles or restore from a backup copy of the project after a crash, the external subtitles stream is disabled for trimming.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2021, 03:51:14 PM »
Hi Marty,

thank you for keep pinging us ) We just missed it at some point, but supporting of subtitles is important.
Keep an eye on updates, we should fix it somewhere in Jan.
Regards,
Dmitry

Thanks !

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2021, 09:58:19 PM »
Hi Marty,

thank you for keep pinging us ) We just missed it at some point, but supporting of subtitles is important.
Keep an eye on updates, we should fix it somewhere in Jan.
Regards,
Dmitry
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2021, 11:35:13 PM »
Hi Marty,

Sorry you experience these issues. Do we talk about a bug or some missed feature?
We will re-check it with our team and let you know whats going on.

We're talking about a 3 years old reported bug using SRT subtitle when they are used with a H264 Mp4/Mkv video. i sent numerous files and report here or in private to the support about it. they could reproduce the issue and was "telling here when a fix would be done", but it has never been done.

On a lot of video files I use with your software, I have a Mp4 video file (H264) + an external SRT, or a MKV with external or internal SRT file.

what's happening ?

by importing "one video" only, and after put markers and launch the cut processing, at some points, the processing stop. it's freeze totally, only way to continue is to click on cancel.

only way to have the whole video cut is to open the stream selector (right click on the video screen preview) select stream, and uncheck the subtitle track. then I relaunch the processing and everything is working, but we loose the subtitle track, and must redo all the subtitles sync and do the cut with an external software.

when doing it in batch using several videos, it's worst. the subtitles are out of sync. So i don't do any batch process when using subtitles.

They are other bugs... like sometimes a video refuse to process after some marks (with or without subtitle), cancel do nothing, and only way is to force the close of the video. sometimes the software crash. when you cut a 1 hour or 2 hours video and you lost all the work, after a while it can be a "bit" boring.

I'm starting to do my cut again in a Pro video software (Vegas Pro 19) when i don't need subtitle , because after a while, it's very very boring. your software work well, fast, but ... loosing hours of work can be a lot of boring, especially when the "backup" save didn't work and we must redo everything.

January 2019 !!

" Maxim.Sakhankov
Administrator

Re: 7.0 not working with external srt subtitle and generate empty srt file
ยซ Reply #5 on: January 24, 2019, 03:52:07 PM ยป
Hello Marty,
After checking your files I think I found 2 different issues:
1) When you load a project with an external subtitles or restore from a backup copy of the project after a crash, the external subtitles stream is disabled for trimming.
2) When you load more then 1 file to the timeline and save the output file - only subtitles from the first file are saved.

I'll post here when the fix is available."
« Last Edit: December 24, 2021, 11:42:15 PM by Marty »

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2021, 11:05:10 PM »
Hi Marty,

Sorry you experience these issues. Do we talk about a bug or some missed feature?
We will re-check it with our team and let you know whats going on.
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2021, 10:13:27 PM »
Hi Marty,
All are alive, we were just busy with other things.

ok, i understand, but hope the subtitles fix will appears at some points... 3 years is a long time for a fix lol... Your software work great, but this issue make it want to explode the screen and the computer each time it happens... work ok during few cuts, and then freeze, and only way to have to process the video is to remove the subitile, and we must then redo the whole sync :(. It forbidd to do any serious thing..

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2021, 09:57:27 PM »
Hi Marty,
All are alive, we were just busy with other things.
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia