Author Topic: Delete recent files in 3_6_X  (Read 10296 times)
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 11:33:13 AM »
Thanks Olga.

Your suggestion about deleting the strings worked fine.

If you say the delete recent files functionality will be included in the 3.7.X versions of Video Splitter then I might wait for that version rather than download a potentially troublesome beta version.

P

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 09:52:39 PM »
Hello philebus,

Thank you for your question.

Please open Far Manager and go to the path below (on Windows 7):
ะก:\Users\User name\AppData\Roaming\Solveig Multimedia\SolveigMM Video Splitter

Then open config.xtl file and delete strings for your recent files between <RecentfileList> and </RecentfileList> (highlighted in green)

<RecentfileList>
      <file name="D:\Video\output\Source_0001.mkv"/>
   </RecentfileList>

You can delete the recent files list in the beta version of Video Splitter by selecting it in menu Files -> Recent files -> Clear History.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 03:39:39 PM »
In the earlier version of version 3 I used to be able to delete the recent files list by going to the registry and deleting the entries there under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Solveig Multimedia\SolveigMM Video Splitter\AVITrimmerApp\Recent File List

In the last few version of 3 I can't do this. The recent files list is empty except for "REG_SZ  (value not set)". Previously it used to list some video files. Anyway, is there any way to delete the recent files list?

Otherwise, I must say I am loving the recent versions of the Video Splitter. I use it exclusively now to edit HD video, and find it far better than Videoredo and Womble, let alone programs like Powerdirector. Keep up the good work.