Author Topic: Dump file is 5Gb, how to stop it ?  (Read 11514 times)
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2019, 07:07:42 PM »
Hello Marty,
You can delete log files, they do not affect the software performance. Also, you should probably turn off the logging in "Tools"-"Logging"-"Enable logs" menu.

it was already turned off, that's why i don't understand why i have a 4Gb file at c:/logs/ including :
SMM_TimelinePreviewObj.log
trimgraphEntry0 and trimgraphEntry1
the date are from the last time i used the software.
when i go into tools / read logs, it give an another place : C:\Users\mycomputername\Documents\Solveig Multimedia\Logs

i still have a whole slow down of windows 10 when running your software. the software itself work almost ok(despite numerous crash and a subtitle track where the sync is broken), but everything else outside of the software has a major slowdown (explorer, etc..) no indication at all in the task manager (memory is fine, no activity from the graphic card). it's like the software use the whole memory of the graphic card, but no indication at all in task manager.

(this issue has been reported here by an another user)

System is : Windows 10 Pro x64
System on SSD Samsung EVO 512Gb (system has only SSd, no mecanic HardDisc anymore)
32Gb of DDR4 Ram
I7-7700 intel Processor
graphic Card GT640 Zotac + HD630 intel Graphics (processor)
Mini Itx mother board Asrock H270M-Itx A/C

Thanks for any help !

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2019, 04:35:35 PM »
Hello Marty,
You can delete log files, they do not affect the software performance. Also, you should probably turn off the logging in "Tools"-"Logging"-"Enable logs" menu.

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 10:28:17 PM »
Hi,

a dump file is in my C:/logs , but it's 4 Gb big...
"SMM_TimelinePreviewObj.log"

i assume that during a previous "help" message from me, i activated this dump on the request of one of the admin here, but is there a possibility to turn it off now or it's needed ? my videosplitter is always making windows 10 going slow a lot when using it, never had an answer about this issue, and i'm asking myself if it's not because of this dump file. Thanks.