Author Topic: Elecard Evaluation Period Has Expired?  (Read 27299 times)
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2023, 07:54:07 PM »
Could you please send us screenshot where we could see that Video Splitter is registered? You need to go to "Help / About SolveigMM Video Splitter" menu.
Also please click on the "Copy version info" button at this window and send us information about installed version.

- You're a user, i don't know who you are.
- Olga know i bought their software since Version 6 as i wrote to the support many time, with screenshot, and they have my customer info, etc..
so why i would do that "again", after 4 years of doing it ?

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2022, 04:33:56 PM »
Hello Marty,

Thank you for your reply.
We a looking forward to hear from you about this issue.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2022, 09:54:15 PM »
Hello Marty,

Thanks for your reply.
I would like to let you know that we have not still reproduced the issue with Elecard logo.
Therefore we have decided to provide you with the temporary license key for tests on your side.
Please check your email inbox and kindly let us know the results of your test.

Thanks in advance!

Thank you, i'll try my best, but i'm afraid that the issue is related to maybe a windows installation or component that it's not available at your team gear.
that would maybe explain why the error is not reproductible on your side.
As the person below said and sent your files, it's totally random.
like many people, when i edit and cut videos, i delete the source file once the export has been done, and only see the "issue" of the burned elecard logo too late.
I edit movies , with hundred of cut. it need to check each cut, each videos cut, to be sure the error is not there. it's very annoying.

I checked the Elecard website about this error, and it's happened to some users of this codec too without even them owning your software.
If it's now the same company, the elecard team has no idea about what can trigger this issue ?

thanks for the temporary licence. if the issue i got with the trial happen the same with the same file.. it will be very easy to send you the source file, but i'm afraid, that the error will not appears on your side, even with all the sources and projects file. we'll see !

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2022, 05:53:40 PM »
Hello Marty,

Thanks for your reply.
I would like to let you know that we have not still reproduced the issue with Elecard logo.
Therefore we have decided to provide you with the temporary license key for tests on your side.
Please check your email inbox and kindly let us know the results of your test.

Thanks in advance!
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2022, 12:24:01 AM »
Hello Marty,

Thanks for your post and please excuse for the delay with reply.

It is normal that in the Free Edition of Video Splitter 8 you see the Elecard logo on the video file preview.

There should not be logo in all other Editions of Video Splitter 8.

You are right, we currently offer for users of version 7 to upgrade to the 1-year subscription of the license with 60% discount or even for free.
To get the upgrade please follow the link below:

https://www.solveigmm.com/en/support/upgrade/

hello there, thanks for the reply. yes i understand the logo, but it's the message at the bottom ! I tried the trial on an another computer, and yes, the logo is there (normal it's a watermark) but not the scrolling message, which look like it's the same issue i have on my 7 version with the "elecard evaluation period expired" issue even on a registered software; that me and 2 other people here fortunatly reported.

if i'm SURE that this issue is over, i would be ok to upgrade (as i'm afraid that now 8 is out, this issue will never be fixed for 7, right ?.
but how to be sure ? the issue has never been fixed since I reported it 2 or 3 years ago, and i had to wait that other users report it as well. does the files sent by bleaurgh helped ?

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2022, 10:41:01 PM »
Hello Marty,

Thanks for your post and please excuse for the delay with reply.

It is normal that in the Free Edition of Video Splitter 8 you see the Elecard logo on the video file preview.

There should not be logo in all other Editions of Video Splitter 8.

You are right, we currently offer for users of version 7 to upgrade to the 1-year subscription of the license with 60% discount or even for free.
To get the upgrade please follow the link below:

https://www.solveigmm.com/en/support/upgrade/
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2022, 10:03:52 PM »
just installed the so called trial of 8.0

- bug of elecard issue is worst, it's now appearing directly in the editing window of the software.
- i don't understand the licence. it says "for one year licence". it's now a subscription ? no more perpetual ?
- i don't see any possibility to upgrade, but if the elecard issue is still there it's not possible... loaded two differents videos, and have the issue directly on screen. same with subscription, not an option for me :(.

must uninstall it and re install 7 :( ...

« Last Edit: November 04, 2022, 10:16:56 PM by Marty »

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2022, 01:37:42 PM »
Hello bleaurgh,

Thank you a lot for the information you have sent to us.
As soon as there will be any news regarding this issue, we will post here and let you also know by email.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2022, 09:22:39 PM »
Could you please send us screenshot where we could see that Video Splitter is registered? You need to go to "Help / About SolveigMM Video Splitter" menu.
Also please click on the "Copy version info" button at this window and send us information about installed version.

Also please enable log files recording in Video Splitter and when the issue with logo on output file(s) will repeat, please send log files to us. You can send log files to support(at)solveigmm(dot)com.

Also please describe in details your sequence of actions, what command do you select to save files separately? Do you right mouse click on the timeline and select "Save all fragments as" or you click on the "Save" button and at the dialog window select "Save kept fragments separately"?

I have provided these things in an email to you just now, best of luck!

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2022, 02:23:38 PM »
Hello bleaurgh,

Thank you for file you have sent us.

Also please enable log files recording in Video Splitter and when the issue with logo on output file(s) will repeat, please send log files to us. You can send log files to support(at)solveigmm(dot)com.

Here is the guideline on how to get log files:

https://www.solveigmm.com/en/howto/how-to-record-log-files-of-solveigmm-video-splitter/

Also please describe in details your sequence of actions, what command do you select to save files separately? Do you right mouse click on the timeline and select "Save all fragments as" or you click on the "Save" button and at the dialog window select "Save kept fragments separately"?
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2022, 08:03:13 PM »
Could you please send us the original input file that you open in Video Splitter and the project file? You can upload it to any file sharing service, like Google drive (https://drive.google.com).

To get the project file, open the input file in Video Splitter, set fragments for saving and deleting then go to File menu -> Save project as and select folder to save the project file.

Like I mentioned, it doesn't seem tightly related to input file or project file. It will happen randomly with seemingly any (mp4?) file that requires reencoding (frame-accurate mode), and the effect is present in the output file until the next keyframe from the input file. Saving the project and reopening it does not recreate the issue.

I'll try to grab an example for you when I encounter it next time.

Edit:
Here, I've recreated the issue for you. Just a arbitrary sample mp4 from the internet split into three pieces, with the cuts between the keyframes.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1paYfGAByu2blUO6F-CUIRR4LFHtQyXhg/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 09:05:49 PM by bleaurgh »

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2022, 04:42:14 PM »
Hello bleaurgh,

Thank you for your post and the description of this issue.

Unfortunately we have not yet reproduced the issue with our files at our end with Video Splitter's latest version.

Could you please send us the original input file that you open in Video Splitter and the project file? You can upload it to any file sharing service, like Google drive (https://drive.google.com).

To get the project file, open the input file in Video Splitter, set fragments for saving and deleting then go to File menu -> Save project as and select folder to save the project file.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2022, 02:30:56 PM »
Experiencing the same.

It does not seem related to the file or the project. Whenever I split a file, I check each of the resulting parts before clearing the media. If the Elecard trial overlay is present, it seems to be produced every time i re-run the split. So I save the project, exit the program, relaunch it, open the project, and re-run the split. Then the output is usually fine.

But like it has been stated here already - it is a major pain to have to check each output file before clearing the media and deleting the source file.

Edit: Using registered x64 7.6.2209.30, latest version at time of writing.

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2022, 04:14:03 PM »
Hello danadams01,

Thank you for the post.

Please try to use the latest version 7.6 of Video Splitter available here:

https://www.solveigmm.com/en/products/video-splitter/

If the problem remains with it, could you please send us the original input file that you open in Video Splitter and the project file? You can upload it to any file sharing service, e.g. Google drive (https://drive.google.com).

To get the project file open the input file in Video Splitter, set fragments for saving and deleting then go to File menu -> Save project as and select folder to save the project file.

You can send both: the link to file and the project to support(at)solveigmm(dot)com.

Thank you in advance.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2022, 06:19:23 PM »
Hello Marty,

Thank you for your post.
We are currently working on the new version of Video Splitter and hope that all problems you have described will be fixed in it.

According to evaluation mode issue, we have not still regrettably reproduced this issue at our end with our files.
If there will be possibility to send us such original input file and the project file with wich the issue happens, this will be of much help for us.
You can use e.g. drive.google.com to send the files to our Support team.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia