Author Topic: Feature request : Advance minute per minute  (Read 12724 times)
  • Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2021, 06:14:36 PM »
Hello frederic1,

Thank you for your post.
We will discuss the possibility to make this feature "Show Jump Forward button" visible by default.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 06:16:55 PM by Olga Krovyakova »
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2021, 10:58:23 PM »
Thank you very much for your reply. It worked great  :) However I suggest you to make this feature more visible by enabling "Show Jump Forward/Backward" by default, and by putting the configurable duration box in "Preferences > Hotkey settings". I have to admit that I would have never known how to configure the duration (which is a VERY useful setting for such a software) if you didn't help me.

What would be great is if you added extra configurable jump levels in a future release because, currently, setting frame-accurate cut points is a very tedious task when editing long videos.

For example VLC and MPC-HC allow 3 jump levels : "Very Short Back/Forw jump", "Short Back/Forw jump", "Back/Forw jump", "Keyframe Back/Forw jump" and "Frame Back/Forw jump".

Avidemux allows many jump levels as well : "Keyframe Back/Forw jump (Up/Down Arrow))", "Frame Back/Forw jump (Left/Right Arrow)", "1min Back/Forw jump (Ctrl+Up)", "1sec Back/Forw jump (Shift+Left/Right)", "2sec Back/Forw jump (Ctrl+Left/Right)", "4sec Back/Forw jump (Ctrl+Shift+Left/Right)"

Have a nice day Solveigh Team  :)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 12:28:40 AM by frederic1 »

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2019, 05:10:11 PM »
Hello Cedric,
This feature already exist in Video Splitter. To enable it, please open the "Preferences" then select the "View" tab and enable the "Show Jump Forward button" option.
You will see the extra button in the navigation controls near the volume level. Right click that button and you'll see the dialog with predefined jump values, if you click "Step" box, you'll be able to specify your own value.

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 10:00:09 PM »
Hello,

Congratulations for your great software, but could you please allow us to define the jump time for the shortcuts "Jump Forward to" and "Jump Backward to" ? Currently it is 2min for a 3-hour video but I would like to set it to 1 minute.

Thanks !

Cedric.