Author Topic: [Feature Request] Convert functions from Handbrake?  (Read 12606 times)
  • Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 06:51:47 PM »
Dear ollie,

crashes seem to come from, from limited use
1. overloading the file input box with too many files
2. overloading the timeline with videos (even when i turn off storyboard and sound)
3. i think it has troubles with MKV, converting to MP4 helps this software

I am using mixture of MKV, MP4 of GoT, different videos and audio spec's
Could you please kindly upload for use sample files that you try to open in "Media" list and timeline?
Please specify approximate number of files that you open.

One other question if I may, Do you need scene detection when you add files to files area? that kinda slows it down?
You could switch the view of list in the "Media" control to "Simple" view - in this case the will be only names of files without thumbnails.

Perhaps just add scene detection when adding to the timeline ONLY or have a switch in the setting? Or is there one that i missed
You could turn off the thumbnails by clicking the special icon on the left side of the timeline. Regrettably there is no such setting in the Preferences at the present time, possibly we should add it.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 08:46:11 PM »
Thanks,

One other question if I may, Do you need scene detection when you add files to files area? that kinda slows it down?

Perhaps just add scene detection when adding to the timeline ONLY or have a switch in the setting? Or is there one that i missed

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 08:43:18 PM »
Hello ollie,

Ok, thank you for info.
We are trying to reproduce the issue.
As soon as there will be any news, I`ll post here.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 06:28:04 AM »
hey thanks for reply

crashes seem to come from, from limited use
1. overloading the file input box with too many files
2. overloading the timeline with videos (even when i turn off storyboard and sound)
3. i think it has troubles with MKV, converting to MP4 helps this software

I am using mixture of MKV, MP4 of GoT, different videos and audio spec's

only a 2ghz 4Gb x32 Win7 Centrino Duo Laptop :P

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 09:41:34 PM »
Dear ollie,

Thank you for your post.
We hightly appreciate your feedback!

Could you please give us some more information about crashs that you get?

Please describe your actions, what files you use, on what step you get the crash.
It would be helpful if you could share the original input file (e.g. using Google drive) and send us the project file - to get it just select fragements on the timeline then follow to File -> Save project as.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 09:59:28 AM »
[Feature Request] Convert functions from Handbrake?
I noticed this brilliant program has trouble detecting what the file is and then crashes quite often.

What it lacks is a converter function, where it takes whatever file video and audio specs are and then convert all to a set of standard file formats, even using the Handrake engine perhaps?

This program must have started at the same year as Sonic Foundry (Sony, now Magix) Vegas....like to see more functions thanks :P
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 04:45:03 PM by ollie »