Author Topic: Feature Suggestions for Video Splitter  (Read 17853 times)
  • Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 02:45:39 PM »
Thank  you very much for your suggestions, good ideas!
We will discuss them with our Team.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

Moose
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 10:23:09 AM »
I've got some suggestions as well:

(1). A "Jump to Next Silence" button, which would jump to the next section of silence in the video.  It would probably be good to let the user enter the minimum silence as well.  e.g. 100 millisec.

(2). The ability to see the audio track profile.

Both of these features are very useful when editing video, and especially when removing TV ads.  ;)

Here's a screen shot from Camtasia which shows the audio track and the gaps between the TV ads:

I'm not sure how far you want to take this great program, but there's no harm in suggesting:

(3). Video conversions (AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV), resolution and quality changes, etc.

(4). Special effects: fade in / fade out of video and/or audio, cartoonize, black and white, halo, fisheye, etc.

The last 2 suggestions are almost certainly way off the mark.  They go way beyond what a video splitter should do.  ;)  Still, no harm in suggesting ...  ;)

Moose
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 10:25:45 AM by Moose »

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 04:45:51 PM »
Hello Scott,

Thank you very much for your input. we will review and get beck to you with additional quesitions shortly.
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 08:36:03 AM »
I sent this to the support e-mail but thought I would post it here for discussion:

I have the following suggestions to improve your product:

• When  creating a new segment, I would love to be able to specify the file name  (segment name without file extension) at that point.  Then when I am done  marking the segments I could just hit an "export" function which  would batch export all of the named segments.
  • When  moving a segment mark, I am usually moving it to the current playhead  mark.  I would like the mark to "snap" to the playhead.   You could use the Shift key to keep the mark from snapping (or an option  setting for those who don't like it, which could either turn the feature off  altogether or it could just reverse the Shift key function and snap when the  key is down).
  • If  I right-click on a segment I would like an option to play just that segment (it  would stop when it reached the end of the segment).
  • If  I have hit thumbs down on a segment (logically deleting it) and I hit play in  the segment before the deleted segment, it should skip the deleted segment  during playback (don't play deleted segments).  This way I can see that  the transition between the two segments is OK before I export the trimmed  video.
  • I  would love to see a segment list view (something like the batch manager view,  but just showing all of the current segments, with segment names, etc.) where I  can quickly edit the segment names.  This list could also be used to  re-order segments (if I wanted to re-join the video segments in a different  order).  In fact, the only way I can see to re-order segments is to export  them separately and then join them in the different order.  A segment list  view could let me change the order of the segments before "trimming".
  • In  the "output pane" of the main window, there is a section marked  "Size: -/-" which never actually shows any size information.  I  have only tried trimming AVCHD and WMV but it shows nothing for both.   Does this only work for some formats?  If so, then it should disappear for  the formats for which it does not work.
  • The  program could process commercial skip files (sample link below), which would then  create the proper segments and then the user could go through the segments and  name them, export them, delete them, trim, etc.  These files were  generated by DVRMStoolBox and ShowAnalyzer. 
  • Double-clicking  anywhere in the application changes the window from maximized to  windowed.  This is very non-standard behavior.  I could see this  maybe working if you double-clicked on the video, but not just anywhere in the  window.  This is nit-picking, but it just feels funny to me.
That's all I have for now.  The software does a  wonderful job of handling quite large video files and exports at a very  reasonable speed.  So far I have not seen any errors or problems.  I  haven't yet found anything better so I probably will purchase a license.
If any of the above is unclear, please ask and I will  elaborate.  I would be happy to test beta software.
Thank you!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 01:24:13 PM by Maxim.Sakhankov »