Author Topic: HEVC Problems  (Read 13982 times)
  • Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2021, 04:44:40 PM »
Hello amarz,

Thank you for your post and please excuse for the delayed reply.

Could you please send us the original input file that you open in Video Splitter and the project file? You can upload it to any file sharing service, e.g. Google drive (https://drive.google.com) or Wetransfer.com.

To get the project file open the input file in Video Splitter, set fragments for saving and deleting then go to File menu -> Save project as and select folder to save the project file.

Thank you in advance!

« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 04:51:34 PM by Maxim.Sakhankov »
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2021, 01:51:16 AM »
I also having similar problem with HEVC (H.265) file. Most of HVEC file when using "cut out and save", output file when play again (using MPC-HC(64bit)) after fragment cut out will freeze, audio ok video not playable. 

normally i will open MKVtoolNix and do/run 'multiplexing', and output video HVEC will playable again BUT video will break-up (after fragment cut out) for few second.

#using latest ver. 7.6.2106.09 (64bit).
#h.264 no problem.

hurricane51
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2021, 06:35:57 PM »
One of the videos I sent is truncated at the end. The only change was the source was x265. That's the main problem. It happens on about 50% of the HEVC files I created. No problem at all for x264, so I've simply been using that codec.

The crashing is random, so I can't give you a sample.

x64 version.

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2021, 05:34:18 PM »
Hello hurricane51,

I've tested the editing of your file in Video Splittter latest version 64 bit and have not noticed any problems with crash or other issues. Could you please describe in details what issue you have with it? Do you use also a 64 bit version? 
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

hurricane51
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2021, 08:11:33 AM »
Here are two files. One is taken from the original source TS file. I then loaded that file into SolveigMM. The other file is the resulting output. The last few seconds of video is missing from that one. (I hope I got this right -- I don't usually use the free cloud services.)

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AnrLV5emZUJihSoRIhy-uszcxYge?e=hcQdt7
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AnrLV5emZUJihSnSq8D7S3yQpdCh?e=3uWbiU

hurricane51
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2021, 04:22:13 PM »
I've already re-rendered the offending videos, but I've got some more to do. I'll try a few of those in HEVC to see what happens.

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2021, 03:59:04 PM »
Hello hurricane51,

Thank you for your post.

Do you have file with x265 codec of smaller size that you can share with file host service? You can use e.g. Google drive (drive.google.com) to share the file.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

hurricane51
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2021, 09:05:47 AM »
I still have an occasional crash when saving a file rendered with the x265 codec, but a more frequent problem is that the last few seconds of the output file (MP4) is truncated. If I take the same file rendered with x264, all is well.

I start with a huge (15GB+) .TS source, then render it to an MP4 file of manageable size (5-7GB). If the renderer uses x265, that's when the problems arise. The same process with x264 render is trouble-free. I have about 5 files rendered with x265 that will have to be re-rendered.

Any suggestions, other than work with the x264 versions exclusively? I can use either one.