Author Topic: K-frame and avi files  (Read 23908 times)
yorick17
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2011, 01:18:06 PM »
Yes it is AVI.  I guess I will eagerly await the day there is AVI frame accuracy.

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2011, 02:42:05 PM »
Hi yorick17,

Do you have problems with AVI frame accuracy editing?

Is so, that can be true, as currently we are working on WMV frame accuracy editing. AVI most likely will not be incuded in the forthcoming release.

in 2.4 frame accuracy should properly operate with WMV, MPEG-2, MPEG-1, AVCHD, MKV, MP4.
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

yorick17
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2011, 03:25:36 AM »
The K-frame problem seems to be fixed, but I was disappointed to find that the Frame Accuracy mode doesn't produce frame accurate output. I thought the problems with using frame accuracy were resolved.  The output still contains the extra ten seconds or so, that I would get with using just k-frames.  Maybe my version (2. 3. 1105. 25) doesn't support frame accuracy, because in the control tab options it says Frame Accuracy (Smart Mode), but it is a lighter font-like it is disabled or something.
Edit: I noticed when I first start the program and go to control, the Frame Accuracy is not lighter (not disabled?), it is only after I open a video that it goes lighter (Disables?).  Does this mean that only certain media can be trimmed frame accurately?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 03:39:09 AM by yorick17 »

yorick17
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 08:14:21 AM »
Thanks to everybody for responding, it also seems to be corrected in Version 2. 3. 1105. 25. 

holgermh
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 12:47:58 AM »
Hello  Stanislav,

as for Version 2.4 dated 24th of may it does!

Thanks

Holger

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 06:51:29 PM »
Hello yorick17 and holgermh,

The problems that you have met was fixed in recent updates in both versions:

Video Splitter 2.3
Video Splitter 2.4 Beta

Please, post does it resolve everything described or not?

Thanks for tracking the problem!
Solveig Multimedia - Video Editing Software

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 06:56:16 PM »
Hello holgermh,

We work on this issue. 

Please keep an eye on this thread,  I will post when there is any news.

Thanks for your patience.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 08:29:56 PM by Dmitry Vergeles »
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

holgermh
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 03:43:43 PM »
Hello to all,

i'm beta-testing the 2.4 series. In the version 4th of march all is ok. All versions since then give me the k-frames problem the user in this thread is experiencing in 2.3. I just tested the 2.4 version from 20th of may: If i hit the right arrow i can move k-frame by k-frame and at ~ 03:45 min it just goes to the end regardless if the format is H264 or DX50.

I can reinstall the version 4th of march and all's ok. So it doesn't seem to be some kind of a leftover, otherwise this wouldn't work.

Kind Regards

Holger

yorick17
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 08:49:41 PM »
Thanks for responding. I am using version 2.3.1104.25.

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 03:07:32 PM »
Hello yorick17,

Thanks for contacting us.

Could you please specify what Video Splitter version do you use (go to Help -> About SolveigMM Video Splitter)?
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

yorick17
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 10:58:34 AM »
I am having a problem when trying to split avi files.  When I drag the slider somewhere; instead of staying at that position, it just bounces back to the beginning.  Also, when I hit the next k-frame button, after it hits a certain point it skips to the end of the video.  I have not had this problem with wmv files.  I used to use windows xp, and never had a problem like this with avi files (although I wasn't using this version), it only started since getting a new computer with windows 7.  I have tried to change the splitters (Haali, Gabest, Microsoft), but it makes no difference. I have also repaired several of the videos, and that makes no difference.  It is just weird because it does this with every avi file. The slider seems to work if I turn off all k-frame positioning. Can you not use k-frame anymore with avi files? I hope I am describing the situation well enough that it makes sense.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!