Author Topic: Missing MKV Metadata After Split  (Read 10630 times)
  • Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2020, 05:03:13 PM »
Hello hurricane51,

Thank you for your message and please excuse for the delay in reply.

Please upload for us sample of original input .mkv file that you open in Video Splitter.
You can upload it to any file sharing service, e.g. Google drive (https://drive.google.com) or Wetransfer.com.

Also please send us to support(at)solveigmm.com screenshots of metadata fields that are empty in MediaInfo and MKVtoolnix.

Thank you in advance.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

hurricane51
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2020, 03:22:05 PM »
I've tried 4 different media players and a myriad of files, some created a couple of years ago.

Have you tried to repeat it on your system? I'd be interested in knowing.

hurricane51
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 01:20:42 AM »
When I use MediaInfo to view the metadata for an MKV file, the tag for Title shows the value that MKVtoolnix has in the field "Track Name". If any of the tracks in the video I'm splitting have that field populated, they are stripped out of the output file. When I look at the output file in MediaInfo, the Title tag is missing altogether. If I then load the output file into MKVtoolnix, the fields that were previously populated are now empty.

In addition to the title, if any of the fields for "Default track flag" have been specifically set, they are all reset back to "Select automatically".

Is there a way to prevent this happening?

Version 7.3.2002.6
Windows 10 Pro