Author Topic: Most HEVC cuts are corrupt for the first few seconds  (Read 5035 times)
  • Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2022, 03:58:21 PM »
Hello skizlock,

Thank you for your post and letting us know about these issues.

It will be helpful for us if you can share some input HEVC files with which these problems arrise.

Also please send the project file, to get it open the input file in Video Splitter, set fragments for saving and deleting then go to File menu -> Save project as and select folder to save the project file.
You can use e.g. Google drive (drive.google.com) to send files.

Thanks in advance!
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2022, 07:50:13 AM »
This behaviour has been the norm for sometime now. I have seen this on most HEVC sources. The following behaviour manifests when editing them:
  • If the clip is minutes long then the progress stops after about 10 seconds.
  • The PC starts freezing which continues for 10-20 seconds. I see another process in task manager choking the system.
  • Then the clip resumes composition
  • The exported file does not run
  • To fix it, I remux it with MKVToolNix.
  • The resulting file has the first seconds proportional to the length of the clip depicting the same frame. Audio remains fine. This can be 5 seconds but I have also seen over 24 seconds of corruption.

Some smaller clips especially the ones exported right after starting the app can get away with good output.

I have a very good PC which can run video rendering software completely fine without freezes so I don't think that's the problem.

I can't provide you the sources.